TAKE 13

"You've gotten word—haven't you?" Devyn questions as she sits across from me in the small cafe. 

I huff as all the fashion house invites flash through my head. 

"Yeah," I reply blankly as I stare back at Devyn. 

Her long twists are pulled into a big bun on her head while she wears a white tee with light Levi jeans.

Today the Fashion Houses sent out invitations for the Met Gala. 

Chanel, Saint Laurent, Gucci, Balenciaga, Prada... I mean the list goes on. 

They all reached out to me in hopes that I'll wear one of their pieces to the Met. 

The Met Gala doesn't send out invites—or should I say Vogue? 

They're the ones behind the entire event. 

Vogue usually discusses all the A-list celebrities that are hot at the moment and then suggests them to various fashion houses to invite them as their guests.

Clearly, my name was said quite a bit for me to get multiple fashion house invites. 

I'm not mad per se... 

Just exhausted. 

It's been only a week since Omari's death anniversary. 

Devyn forced me to take at least a week off while she filmed scenes that didn't require me while I rested and isolated myself from everything. 

Well, everything except for her. 

This week break has been very nice and quiet, but now it's time to get back to work. 

I have to film today, which sadly involves Ella. 

Next, I have a fitting for the upcoming Met Gala. 

And lastly, I have the Versace fashion show to attend that Nera's walking in. 

"What fashion house are you attending with?" Devyn questions as she sips her latte. 

I purse my lips. 

"Well after sorting through the invitations, I decided on Givenchy," I inform her. 

She nods with a hum as she gently sits her mug down on the wood table.

"They're a good choice—I've heard great things about their team," she admits but her brows furrow when she takes in my silence. 

Her warm hand softly grabs mine that's rested on the table. 

"Talk to me," she murmurs while her dark eyes stare down at me. 

I shrug.

"I just... I have to film today—then I have a fitting with Givenchy—then I have to attend the Versace fashion show tonight, and I already know there's going to be an after party," I dissect my stressful day piece by piece.

It doesn't sound like a lot but it is—and it's so fucking exhausting. 

I barely have time to bat an eyelash, let alone eat. 

Devyn nods knowingly. 

"I see... Well I'll be attending the fashion show tonight with my family—so you know I'll be there if you need me," she assures me softly. 

I shake my head. 

"My family is attending too, so that's also great," my teeth clench. 

I haven't seen them since I left brunch that one afternoon.