TAKE 12

Omari loved living in the outskirts of LA.

It was his safe space.

His safe haven and it managed to become mine too.

At one point I'd spend weeks at a time at his house rather than at our parent's house.

Omari spent days teaching me life skills that he swore I needed. 

This specific time was when I had freshly turned eighteen. 

It was coming time to move out of our parent's home and live on my own. 

"Omari I'm pretty sure I don't need to know what genre of music to listen to every time I complete a task around the house," I point out jokingly. 

Omari's chuckle echoes over the loud jazz music. 

"C'mon Lene... You have to listen to jazz whenever you clean—it seriously chills you out," he convinces me as his dark eyes stare at me in amusement. 

I roll my eyes playfully as Omari sweeps the floors. 

"Aren't you going to be the one cleaning when we live together?" I retort jokingly as I begin moving my body to the smooth jazz music emitting from his speakers. 

Omari shakes his head with a loose smile. 

"Selene I've told you numerous times—you need to live alone... branch out a little—try to get to know yourself," he reminds me as he leans the broom on the kitchen island. 

I frown as he cuts the soothing music off. 

"I do know myself... Mari please I'd rather live here with you," I beg as my frown grows deeper. 

Omari sighs as his chocolate eyes trace my features. 

"You can't always be dependent on me Lene," he says in disapproval. 

I narrow my dark eyes.

"And why can't I?" I ask as a smile grows on my face. 

I notice his features begin to mirror mine as a grin loosely tugs at his lips. 

"I just don't want you to be lost when I'm gone," he admits as his grin shines brightly on his face. 

I shrug, "You'll never be gone Mari," 

My glossy dark eyes fall on the dull house that was once full of life.

I remember the days we spent decorating this house together. 

Normal celebrities insisted on an interior designer, but Omari insisted on putting his own touch on the house.

We decorated everything.

His room.

My room.

The halls lined with records and framed pictures. 

We even landscaped the outside.

The vines we once trimmed that crawl the borders of the elegant home are now growing over the windows. 

I feel my chest grow heavy. 

I let out a deep rugged sigh before walking toward the familiar house. 

The house I once called home. 

I made sure to buy the house before anyone could rent it. 

My parents have no idea it's still here holding all of his personal belongings.