TAKE 5

"Cut!" Devyn yells ending the scene take. 

She stands from behind the camera in her white tee and black pants as she adjusts the tan sweater hanging around her shoulders. 

Her long twists are flowing down her back and shoulders while a few of the front pieces are pulled back and out of her face. 

Devyn walks toward me, "Do you want my camera? I'd rather you take a picture than stare at me," she teases. 

I roll my eyes at her as a smirk finds its way onto her face. 

She furrows her brows as her dark eyes trail down to my mouth. 

I tilt my head, "What?" I question in confusion. 

She steps closer to me before dragging her thumb lightly against my bottom lip. 

My body heats up instantly at the contact as her dark eyes peer down into mine. 

"Oh nothing, you just had a little drool from all the staring you were doing," she teases more. 

I gasp as I push her back earning an amused chuckle from her. 

"You're so fucking annoying," I shake my head as a small smile starts tugging at my lips. 

She narrows her eyes with a challenging smirk, "Oh really? Because it seems like you find me funny," she points out cockily. 

I groan when my smile only grows. 

Why the fuck am I smiling at her right now?

She points at my mouth, "See! You can't help it," she teases as a cocky grin grows on her face. 

I roll my eyes as I try to contain my growing smile. 

Why am I finding her so... Cute? 

Nope. No—never thinking that ever again. 

"Don't we have a scene to finish?" I question smartly. 

Her brows raise, "Actually Ms. Vernize—We don't. We got great footage for this scene, so now it's on to the next," she challenges back with a smart tone. 

I scrunch my nose up at the name. 

"Don't call me Ms. Vernize," I retort as pure disgust displays on my face.

Devyn only chuckles. 

"If I knew it got on your nerves that badly I would've called you it sooner," she remarks before turning on her heel. 

We move onto the next scene, which means wardrobe change, outfit change—and well... you get get the idea. 

I take back what I said about Devyn being cute. 

She's irritating the fuck out of me currently. 

She's such a perfectionist it's not even funny—although maybe that's why she's won so many awards for the movies she directed. 

And the main reason why her reputation floats around so easily. 

Why am I defending her right now? 

She's a perfectionist and it's annoying—end of fucking story. 

Devyn sighs as she rises from her chair. 

I tap my foot impatiently as she makes her way over to me. 

"Selene darling—you aren't in the right frame," she points out. 

I can't help the bolt of tingles that shoot up my spine at the name she used. 

I need to relax, I'm sure she calls many people darling—It's not that uncommon of a name.