SCENE 2-TAKE 6

"And you don't think that picture will be enough?" I ask Devyn as I stare down at her laptop screen. 

The bright screen displays a picture of Denali walking toward where Omari was at when he was calming himself down. 

Devyn shakes her head, "No, not with the annoying lawyers trying to twist everything," she points out. 

I sigh. 

"Okay, so what are you suggesting?" I ask the woman as I stand from the large bed. 

Devyn's dark eyes slowly trace my body as I walk toward her. 

Her eyes gaze from my silk orange button-up to my light wash jeans. 

The woman clears her throat as she forces her dark eyes to meet mine.

"Well the photographer who took this is Sarai Turner, and she works at a firm called Portrayal," Devyn informs me. 

I tilt my head in confusion. 

Devyn sighs, "And the firm is in upstate New York," she adds with hopes of clearing up my confusion. 

I purse my lips.

"And you want to go up there... Right now?" I ask hesitantly. 

Devyn chuckles. 

"Well, what else would we do?" she retorts smartly. 

I furrow my brows, "We have court in an hour?" I remind her. 

"Okay? This seems much more important," she points out. 

I nibble on my bottom lip. 

Going upstate with Devyn sounds... like a bad idea. 

But. 

This photographer could have the evidence that we need to win this case. 

"Fine let's go," I sigh out as I stressfully run my fingers through my dark hair. 

Soon after, Devyn is leading me down to the parking garage underneath the luxurious hotel. 

Once she approaches the shiny black Porsche, she immediately walks over to the passenger side of the car. 

I give her a skeptical look as she holds the door open for me. 

She smirks, "What? Does your fianceé not do this for you?" she remarks sarcastically. 

I huff as I slide down into the plush seat. 

"For your information, we don't drive in New York," I point out smartly. 

Devyn hums.

"Sure," she replies mockingly. 

As Devyn maneuvers the car out of the busy city, I feel myself growing more nervous as I sit closely beside the woman. 

Also, the thick silence really isn't helping. 

I let out an anxious sigh, "So is this car yours—" 

"It's a rental," she cuts me off smoothly as she guides the car down the curvy roads. 

I purse my lips as I stare out of the window at the red and orange trees coating the rural roads.

"My bad... I didn't mean to cut you off," Devyn's smooth voice fills the car. 

I divert my gaze to the woman as she keeps her chocolate eyes strictly on the road. 

Her beautiful curls frame her sharp face perfectly as she wears a sage green button-up with black dress pants. 

"But that doesn't mean stare at me," she teases as her chocolate eyes briefly glance at me.