TAKE 14

"I get it—you know," Kamala admits as we walk through the crowd toward the bathrooms.

I furrow my brows, "Get what?" I ask curiously.

Kamala's dark eyes briefly glance at mine.

"Not wanting to discuss events and work constantly," she fills me in.

She sighs as we enter the dim luxurious bathroom.

"It seems to be the only thing everyone does around here. It's shallow honestly... Like why can't we discuss other things you know? It seems that no one has a life outside of their so-called perfect life which typically only involves constant projects," she rants in disapproval.

I can't help but smile lightly as her rant finishes.

She put it into perfect words.

I nod, "Everyone looks at us on tv or social media and thinks we have this perfect and fun life—when in reality it's exhausting and lonely. Even with family involved—"

"It's like even they talk about the same things as every other celebrity. No one feels real anymore," Kamala finishes off my statement.

I frown, "It's sad when you really think about it," I murmur with furrowed brows.

Kamala's white smile displays under the dim light.

"Well, it seems like I finally found someone real," she breathes out.

I chuckle.

"I won't lie I thought you were just like them," I admit to her.

Her dark eyes widen as she leans against the marble bathroom counter.

"Never and I'm trying to never become like them, but I can never find anyone who agrees with my opinion. Anytime I go into this rant with anyone, they usually find an argument to fight back with," she frowns as she crosses her bare arms.

I shake my head, "It's like talking to them about themselves," I go into context.

Kamala's eyes go wide as she points at me, "Exactly," she agrees.

I smile, "I won't lie... I didn't actually have to use the bathroom," I admit sheepishly.

Kamala lets out an airy laugh.

"Me either!" she exclaims, "I just wanted to get out of the awkward small talk—and you seemed like the perfect way," she admits with a grin.

I like her.

I didn't think I would but I do.

I'm starting to meet more genuine people.

First Leila and now Kamala.

"I hate to say it but we should probably start making our way to the fashion show," I sigh causing Kamala to nod reluctantly.

"I know this sounds weird but why don't you skip? You seem like one of those people who does what they want, meanwhile, I'm here due to my parents," she admits to me.

She's not wrong.

I do what I want when I want and how I want.

However, when it comes to my best friend... I'll support her no matter the stakes.

"My best friend is walking in tonight's show," I inform her as my smile turns to a grin.

Kamala's eyes widen in disbelief, "I see you're a proud best friend. What's her name? I might know her since I have a career in the modeling industry," she questions.