TAKE 10

"Selene... hey," Ella says softly as she tucks a piece of her dark brown ombre hair behind her ear. 

My face hardens at my ex as her dark brown eyes stare at me with guilt. 

"What the fuck..." I trail off again as I process the woman in front of me. 

I can't handle this shit right now. 

I seriously can't. 

I'm-I'm already dealing with tomorrow and I can't—

"Is everything okay?" Devyn asks as she reassuringly puts her warm hand on my arm. 

I tense my jaw. 

"No what the fuck is she doing here?" I ask as I feel myself growing angrier. 

Ella frowns. 

Why the fuck is she sad? 

She's the one who did this to herself. 

"Selene seriously I'm sorry for what I did please—"

"You're not fucking sorry Ella," I cut off my ex coldly. 

Ella frowns deeper, "I am Selene, I only did it because—"

"Save me the excuses that you've already repeated to me thousands of times," I cut her off again. 

"I still care about you Selene, and whether you believe it or not... I did and I do still love you," Ella reaches out for my hand but I quickly flinch away toward Devyn. 

I notice Devyn stiffen at Ella's statement as she processes who she is. 

"This is my ex, but don't let her kindness fucking fool you," I inform Devyn as my dark eyes stare at the mixed woman with nothing but disgust. 

Ella sighs, "Selene—"

"I think we should begin filming," Devyn cuts off the woman harshly as her warm fingers tighten around my arm. 

I scoff. 

"I can't film with her," I point out angrily. 

Devyn sighs as she pinches the bridge of her nose with her free hand. 

"Selene—I'm sorry but you have to," Devyn says as her tone grows soft when she addresses me. 

I shake my head as I pull away from Devyn's hold. 

Ella must've signed a contract. 

Fuck—I hate contracts. 

I walk away from the two women as I walk toward Leila who looks confused.

I can't do this. 

I can't fucking do this. 

Of course, Ella has to come back into my life with tomorrow approaching.  

As always it's just my luck.

I hear Ella's footsteps echo behind me quickly as she catches up with me. 

"Selene," she grabs my shoulder slightly. 

I pull away from her touch like it's the plague.

"Don't fucking touch me," I grit as I face the woman. 

Guilt is expressed clearly on her familiar features. 

The features I use to once love and admire. 

"Selene please..." she trails off as her dark eyes trace my angry face. 

My chest swirls with heaviness as I look at the familiar woman.