TAKE 9

June fifteenth. 

Not tomorrow but the next day... It's June fifteenth. 

The worst date of all the days of the year. 

The date that manages to haunt me every single day of the year until finally, it approaches. 

Even when it does approach it's like I've only made it to the top of the roller coaster—and now I still have to go down. 

Every day I wonder... When does it end? 

When does the pain go away?

"Hi," A brunette woman says as she approaches me on set. 

I snap out of my heavy thoughts as my brows furrow in confusion

"Hi..." I trail off causing her to chuckle. 

"My apologies, I'm Leila—Leila Yuri," she introduces herself allowing her Australian accent to shine through. 

I tilt my head. 

That sounds familiar. 

"I'm playing the retired CIA bounty hunter that you meet along the way—you know... in the movie?" she asks as her hazel eyes trace my face. 

Oh... Yes, so she's playing Olivia. 

I chuckle as I nod.

"I'm so sorry—I don't really know who all's playing the other parts," I admit honestly. 

Leila shakes her head with a smile. 

"Don't apologize, I'm sure you're busy with figuring out your own part," she assures me. 

My dark eyes widen at her statement, "Very busy... Like you have no idea," I agree with her. 

She chuckles as she nods quickly. 

"Trust me, I do—big parts are so fucking exhausting," she says.

I can't help but smile at her thick Australian accent. 

It's oddly comforting. 

"You seem really nice Leila," I admit warmly. 

Her smile grows. 

"Thanks, Selene—hey I heard about the director, Devyn Montero... I really need a quick smoke break, do you mind holding her off for me?" she questions lowly as her hazel eyes glance around. 

I feel my smile turn into a grin. 

I need a smoke break too. 

Really fucking bad, especially with the worst day of the year approaching.

She purses her lips at my silence, "Oh, I'm sorry. Look forget I asked—" 

"I can't hold her off If I go with you," I cut her off with raised brows. 

Leila smirks. 

"I love you already," she jokes. 

I chuckle as she loops our arms together and drags me away from the set. 

Leila lights up the perfectly rolled joint once we make it outside into the hot California heat. 

"You know... I've heard great things about you, Selene," she informs me before taking a long puff from the lit joint. 

My brows raise.

Every time someone tells me that I still manage to grow surprised. 

I've never really gotten used to being famous, and I've been in the spotlight since I was born.