Phil's gift

I took a photo of what Jake sent me and sent it to him. 

Jake is offline

MC: Good morning Jake, thanks for the meal. You don't have to send me meals I can manage. I loved it by the way. Make sure you don't starve yourself. I need you in one piece, okay?

MC: I don't know how to solve the puzzle that you sent me tho. You didn't even gave me clue!

MC: PS thank you for helping me find a job. I love it there, Shay is really kind. I have to go to work now. Stay safe!

Its only 5:00 am when I left my apartment. I know its too early but I felt like wanting to walk for a bit and ponder about the message Jake sent me. He really sure enjoy giving me puzzles, well I enjoy them too even though its kind of mind cracking for me. I bet those are just elementary for him. 

"Son of a monkey!!!" I screamed when appeared out of nowhere and horned. That startled me! Wait.. that is... Phil's car!! Speaking of the devilish Greek god! He is laughing out loud like a madman! Ugh! I sent Phil deadly glares and if glares are daggers, Phil might died already. "What's your problem?! You startled me!!" I angrily said as I hit his stone hard arms. Lo, he kept on laughing like there's no tomorrow! Ugh this devil! He is spoiling my morning! 

"Ouch!! Stop it!" I said. He just pinched my nose! What's wrong with this guy and he keeps on laughing! So annoying! Ugh! seems like he has no plans on stopping so I turned my back and marched away from him. 

"Princess stop!" he called out but I'm not planning to oblige. 

He followed me and called me again "Alright, I'm sorry for laughing like that" he said. But I dont see any sincerity on his words, his eyes seems to be amused. 

"C'mon hop in Princess, I'll drive you to work" he added. I kept walking away from him and he kept his pace chasing me. 

"Alright, alright, I'm so sorry for startling and laughing. I can't help, you are adorable and...this is the only time I was able to laugh like this again" he confessed. He sounds sincere this time. 

I stopped and faced him, "What are you doing this early morning then? Why are you here?" I asked. 

He gave me his sweet smile. "I'm about to go back home from Aurora and I saw you leaving your apartment so I tailed you, since its still too dark and you are alone. I can't let a gorgeous lady like you walk alone so I figured of giving you a ride to work" Phil replied with a big grin on  his face. 

My plan of pondering about Jake's puzzle is ruined. Thanks to Phil. He opened the door of his car and motioned for me to get in. I stared at him for a few seconds before answering "I'll only get in if you promised not to drive me to work or to my apartment without me asking you first" I crossed my arms on my chest and waited for his reply. 

"As you wish your majesty" he responded. "Phil, will you stop calling me Princess and majesty? I have a name you know" I protested before getting in his car. 

"If my baby says so, no more Princess calling thingy then" he replied and started the engine. I glared at him, "I'm not your daughter! Mind you I'm just small but I'm already an adult!" He really wants to ruin my morning! 

"Alright, okay, okay. Stop being so grumpy. Its so early to be grumpy ya know" he said. Is he not aware that it is his doings? I decided not to respond as I feel like he'd just piss me off today. 

We arrived quickly and before I managed to jump off the car, Phil held my wrist. "One moment please. Don't be mad at me okay? I apologize. Here, this is the real reason why I dropped by" He said and I just noticed his face is so red. Is he sick or something? 

"Are you having a fever Phil?" I asked and touched his forehead with my palm. Huh?? His temperature seems to be normal. He pushed away my hand and placed a box on my right hand. He instantly turned away and brushed his hair. Phil's face is now glowing red. Wait...  Phil is blushing??!! 

"Uhm what's this box for?" I asked Phil.  He looked down and shyly replied "A token of gratitude for your help. Please accept it. If you decline, I'll just throw it away" 

I looked at the blue box and opened it. 

A diamond bracelet!

A diamond bracelet!

"Phil" I said.
"it just reminded me of you, and I think it will suit you so I bought it for you. Please" he pleaded.

I sighed.
"okay, this gonna be the last okay? I will not be accepting anything else.
His face lit up and thanked me.
"Can i put it on you?" He asked for permission.
"Uhm... I dont think so. I can't be wearing jewelries while making breads you know?" I saw his shoulders went down in defeat.
"I understand, but please wear it, even just once" he pleaded and I nod in response.
I went off his car and started working.