Chase: The Missing

MC

Not so long ago when I bumped with Richy and gave Jake the address I found on the paper Richy gave. Jake and I never had the chance to talk about it nor about Richy, which is somewhat making me feel too guilty. I've been so focused on Jake and spending time with him that I completely forgot about Richy.
Guilt slowly eating me up as scenarios about Richy is now building up in my mind. What kind of friend am I????!!!
How could I be so selfish?! When my friend,...Richy...he is waiting for me! I promised him!
All of the sudden my bones felt weak as I sat on the floor, crying. The feeling of strong guilt and regret like a strong tide in me, pulling me into a deep despair as I slowly remember Richy's face.
How did he ended up like that?
I wiped my tears away, now is not the time to sit and cry.
I need to find what's going on and why Richy gave me this, that might lead me on something.
My phone vibrated and my eyes grew wide seeing the icon that appeared on my phone's screen.

Nym0s!!!!!!

My phone's vibrating so wild and the red screen is telling me that a hack is going on!

Remembering what I learned, my hands immediately picked a coin and carefully placed it on top of my phone's camera and kept myself silent. Whoever trying to hack my phone might be able to get access on its camera, just to be sure that I wont be seen so I have to cover the camera.
The hacking stopped after a minute or two, then I received a message from Jake.

Jake is Online

Jake: Good move on covering the camera love and staying silent :)

Y/N: Jake! What was that?

Jake: Someone tried to infiltrate your phone. Luckily, i upgraded Nym0s to keep you safe .

Jake: So you found the paper.....

Y/N: Jake...we need to talk

Jake: ...........

Y/N: Jake we need to s-....

Jake: I know, love. You've been crying, aren't you?

Y/N: how did you know?

Jake:  you're my girl  ;)

Jake: I should go soon love. Find any information you can. About your friend, I'm still looking for leads. I have his location already.

Y/N: you wrote "missing"

Jake: Yes. the surgeon has been missing 2 years ago.

Y/N: What is his connection on this case?

Jake: That is for you to find out.

Jake: I trust you. Don't go there alone, the idiot will come to pick you up. Be safe <3

Y/N: what? Idiot?????

Jake is Offline...

Who is he calling idiot??

Wait...i will be picked up? That means... He knows my house?

Could it be one of our friends?

Maybe...

Well... I shall prepare to go and find whatever clues we can.

After 3 hours.....

I finally finished packing everything I might need.

Flashlight ✔️
Gloves ✔️
Notepad ✔️
Water ✔️
Pepper spray ✔️
Mirror ✔️
Whistle ✔️
Pocket knife ✔️
Brush ✔️
Powder ✔️
Tape ✔️
First aid kit ✔️
Power bank ✔️
Chocolate Bars ✔️
Ballpen ✔️

Now I'm good to go. Just right in time I heard a familiar vehicle sound outside.
****
PHIL

***Phone buzzing***
Half asleep, I reached for my phone, fuck its too early. My head hurts from drinking too much last night.

New Message from Unknown:

Unknown: Protect her, don't leave her side.

I immediately got up but my head's dizzy and ended up falling off from my bed. "Fuck!!!" I Mumbled and Jessy came "Are you alright Phil?" She asked worriedly, helping me up.
"Gosh you stink Phil, ewww! Ewwww!" Jessy complained after sniffing. Who told her to sniff anyways?
"I'll get you some coffee" she said and left the room instantly.

Once more I looked at my phone to read the message.

Unknown: Protect her, don't leave her side.

Its the hacker.

Phil: Tsss. So it has started eh?

Unknown: Yes

Phil: I'll make her forget you :)

Unknown: in your dreams :)

"Hey Phil here's your coffee" Jessy gave me the cup and placed a small basin with a towel on my bedside table.

"Are you texting with Jake?!" Jessy asked out of nowhere.
I looked at my sister. Shock is written all over her face.

I gave her a blank look and she added "Please tell me you're not trying to be the thirdwheeler"

I decided not to respond, nor move.

After a moment of silence, my sister leaned her head on my shoulders.

"You really love her Phil, don't you?"
There's sadness in her tone.

*Sighs*

"She needs me. I need to protect her" I said and leaned back on her.

I am aware of the danger that is on our way, and regardless of what she feels about me or my own personal feelings... I made a promise to protect her with my life.
This world needs someone like her, to make it a better place.

"Phil, you're my big brother. Please promise me you will be back safe" she's crying. My sister's crying for me.

"I'm not dead. Don't cry" I responded and mess up her precious hair.

"Phil!!! Stop! It takes forever to" she didn't finished her sentence and hugged me tight. "I have a feeling that I won't see you for long" she whispered.
I hugged her back. "Take care of the Aurora for me sissy"
She nodded and I decided to prepare myself to pick her up.

Flashback...

Jake motioned me to follow him.
Tsss. This jerk likes playing commando.
After telling his plans, Jake said something...

"She will be targeted as she will be the vital key to solve this mystery. You're the only one capable of protecting her while I'm away. "
His eyes are determined.

"This is ridiculous! Did you even care about what she would feel when that happens?!" I protested against his plans.

"This is for the best. Give her this when that happened. It will help her make it through" Jake added.

End of flashback

So he is really determined to follow his plans.

Fuck.