Duskwood Chapter 10: Jake's Tunnel Escape

JAKE

Just right in time after she informed me that the FBI is also in the vicinity, I was able to access all the cameras installed inside the Ironmine and connect it to my phone allowing me to keep on tract of my pursuers. I am also installing a virus on this computer to automatically clean my traces and cut the connection when someone tries to use this computer. The installation requires at least two minutes, enough time to talk to her and ease her worries. 

Me: Do you remember when I had to go into hiding?

MC: Yeah, when Lilly published that video about us

Me: I never found the right words back then.

Me: But now, I will at least try. 

Me: I will not allow myself to be captured. 

Me: Because I will not allow for the two of us to be separated. 

MC: That's a little comforting at least

Me: I must go.

MC: We'll see each other in Duskwood

Me: We shall.

The installation is complete. This is it. After this I have to go into hiding again, I have no assurance of when will I be able to talk to her again. There's no guarantee of when will I be able to see her face again. I have to tell her how I feel, I cannot go into hiding again without telling her. My heart is racing with the thought of confessing my feelings. I never have done this before. 

Me: Y/N?

MC: Yes?

Me: I cannot go without telling you.

MC: Without telling me what?

Me: Something I've been meaning to tell you for a long time. 

MC: What do you want to tell me?

Me: Y/N

Me: I love you.

MC: I love you too, Jake. 

Now I have more reasons not to get caught. With a new stronger determination, I cannot let her down. Not a chance now that she said she loves me. My heart is overflowing with happiness.  I once more checked all the cameras and have Nym-OS analyze the area and inform me right away of any objects or movements captured by the cameras. Just wait for me love, hold a little longer baby. I left the place carefully, checking my phone to see if there are red dots approaching me.  I'm glad that I came prepared. I definitely did not expect them coming down here but I am glad that I did not neglected that possibility. I took off my jacket and took the bandages I tied in my right leg. Using the bandages I have, I neatly wrapped my jacket around me and wore back the Black shirt with FBI print on it. I also have my fake FBI ID with me worst case came to worse. I continued my journey until I approached another tunnel. I should be safe here for a while, this tunnel has been checked already. I checked the cameras and saw what Richy did. He poured out fuel around himself and started a fire, the smoke got the FBI's attention and its a perfect diversion for me to escape. I still have to be extra careful, if possible I should not meet any FBI agents even with my current disguise. Better be safe than sorry. Because of the fire created by Richy there were tunnels that started to collapse including the new tunnel where I am currently hiding. There were two FBI agents approaching and one is just inches away from me while the other is 12 meters away from me. I quickly grabbed the opportunity to knock him out with a rock. I waited for the other and knocked him out too. Perfect. Now I have my opportunity to escape. I carried the unconscious agent out of the mine. One agent came to help me and asked "Is there any other agents inside?" I tried my best to change my voice before responding. "there's one more 40 meters away from the north tunnel, quick the tunnel has already started collapsing" I said convincingly. He immediately left and I dropped the agent nearby the tree and hid in the forest. Once again I checked my phone and this time I learned my baby just gathered crowds to help me escape. A smile formed on my lips. That's my girl.