First

Hearing Alan's voice is like a low pressure area forming in the Pacific Ocean.
"Yes Alan?" I said and faced him.
He has this expression of "you're involved again" written on his face.
Can I say that its not my choice?
"I'm working here" as I finger point my uniform.
"So tell me, what happened?" He asked while holding his notepad and pen, ready to take jot down my statement.
"I was standing right on that counter when heard a sound of broken glass and I searched for it to check if everything is alright. That's when I saw the victim gasping for air in front of that Madam who was staring on the victim with a shocked look on her face. As a staff I immediately approached and instructed the Madam to call for ambulance, I checked the victim for signs of choking so if that's the case I can give him CPR" I paused for a bit to gasp for some air. ''unfortunately its not the case'' I added.
He looked at me curiously "how do you come into that conclusion?"
Alan asked.
"The victim doesn't have any signs or symptoms of choking...but" I hesitated to finish my sentence.
"But what?" He asked encouraging me to speak.
"But poisoning" I looked at him firmly. A crease immediately formed on Alan's forhead.
"Yes poisoning. He held my shirt and pulled me close to his face, he is trying to say something but his is hoarsed. His lips are dry, his pupils dilated, he was sweating a lot" I explained.
"It's an allergy reaction!" the victim's wife butted in. We both turned our gaze to the young wife who is now suspiciously nervous.
"Can you elaborate?" Alan asked the young wife.
She looked on the floor, her hands were trembling. "He is allergic to Nuts or anything with nuts, even with small amounts of it" she stated.
Alan looked at the table.
On that table there are two slices of cake, one is Caramel topped with some roasted walnuts and the other is chocolate cake. There were two tea cups, one on the table, one on the floor....broken.
"If he is allergic to Nuts why then did you ordered it?" Alan interrogated the wife.
"That cake is mine, I was sitting here...you know the staff over there can prove it" she said on her defense. "I love Caramel and roasted walnuts and he also love nuts until he developed some allergic reactions few years ago. He might...he might..he might took some bites while I'm at the washroom!" She added nervously.
That's odd.
It can't be.
"That's impossible Mam" this time I butted in.
Alan turned his gaze to me looking confused.
"I'm the one who made the caramel cake" I said.
She angrily approached me, her eyes that onces looked nervous is now glowing with anger.
That's a swift shift of personality. I mentally noted.
She held my collar "what.are.you trying to say?!"she said furiously. "Mam. Calm down and get your hands off me" I said and Alan grabbed her hands away from me.
"Mam please sit and let her speak" Alan now blocked her from attacking me.
"How could you ask that to me! She is trying to accuse me!" She said angrily.
"Well missus you are digging your own pit" i mentally said.
With a firm and authoritative voice I said "Unless you are hiding something you will let me speak." Shock. Amusement. That's what is written now on Alan's face. I also see him raising his right brow with a mischievous smile.
She was forced to sit and Alan crossed his arms waiting for my explanation.
"As I said, I'm the one who made the Cakes. Yes Wallnuts is one of its ingredients. If its an allergic reaction can you explain to me how is it possible to have that faint sweet scent of Hazelnut? My sense of smell is stronger than normal people have and I can tell each ingredients by just its smell" I firmly said.
"Your husband showed signs of posioning... specifically... Belladona"
I added.

"Belladona?? Are you sure?" Alan asked.
"Yes. The tea cup, you can get it analyzed. I'm sure you'll find traces of it" I replied.

"I'm a graduate of BS Biology, and plants are my thing"