THE FRENEMIES

Past afternoon when I woke up with Jake on the other side of the bed but holding my hand. We both slept around 5 in the morning last night. Reminiscing what happened made me blush hard.
I decided to check my phone for messages and saw a message from Jessy. Today is her birthday and she is inviting everyone in her apartment for her birthday celebration. Jake's face suddenly looked annoyed upon hearing the invited guest list.
I'm packing up the coconut brownies as a gift for Jessy when a familiar arms snaked around my waist.
Jake.
He rested his head on my shoulders and didn't say anything. "I'm almost done packing my gift for Jessy" I satisfyingly said while looking at my work.
There are two boxes on the table, one for Jessie and one for Phil.
"C'mon Jake let's prepare for Jessy birthday. I'm really excited" I said as I freed myself from his embrace and started cleaning up the kitchen.
I kept talking a lot while Jake did the opposite, he remained silent which made me curious and turned my back to face to check on him.
My eyes grew when I saw him eating the coconut brownies I made for Phil!
"Jaaaake! What are you doing?!" I shreak in surprise. "I'm hungry" he responded shortly and took another piece. I quickly snatched the box away from him before he ate everything in it. "But this is for Phil! I made some for you, yours are in the fridge" I explained. Jake just shrugged and said "I didn't know" I mentally facepalmed myself. When it comes to Phil, Jake is being unreasonable. Ugh!
But before I get mad at him he quickly trapped me in his arms and pecked on my lips "Can't blame me, your brownies are the best" he said with a huge grin on his face, showing his perfect smile and winked at me. "C'mon now let's get going, the party is in 20" he said.
"But what about this?" I sighed showing him the brownies box I made for Phil.
Four out of 7 brownies remained and the four almost got ruined! I really want to think Jake hates Phil.
"That won't matter, he'll be happy to get some. Trust me" with that Jake took the box away from me and ran out of the apartment.
"Hey! Careful! You will mess that more!" I shouted but Jake is already outside.
I decided to get my purse and follow Jake before he throws the box out of the car. Next time, I shouldn't put Phil's name on anything, I mentally note myself.
The drive was fast and we came pretty early that expected. Jessy excitedly came to greet us "Hey! Y/N, Jake! I'm really happy to see both of you! Come in!" she said and opened the door widely for both of us to come in. "Happy Birthday Jessy!" I greeted and handed over my gift which she excitedly accepted. "Thank you! My favorite!" She said merrily. We saw Dan and Phil drinking together. Phil immediately came to greet me "Angel!" he said and opened his arms, but before he could pull me into an embrace Jake extended his hand holding the box of brownies I made for Phil. They are glaring at each other as if their glares are shooting daggers to one another and before they destroy the ambiance in Jessy's apartment, I decided to step in. "Hey Phil! I'm glad to see you, Uhm I made this for you" awkwardness is evident in my voice. Phil looked at me, his expression became soft and gentle "That's sweet of you, thanks" he said and took the box away from Jake. Phil looked in the box with happiness writen on his face when Jake decided to annoy him. "Sorry, I got hungry I ate some. It was really delicious" Jake said non-challantly. Annoyance was once again written on Phil's face while Jake gave him a triumphant smile. I grabbed Jake's hands and decided to sit 3 chairs away from Phil. "Jake can you be nice to Phil?" I asked him softly. Jake just gave me puppy eyes as if he knows he is going to be scolded.  I deeply sighed and held his hand. Cleo came along with Hannah, Thomas and Lilly. Phil helped in serving the drinks. Phil poured the drink on my glass while giving me a sweet smile "enjoy your drink Angel" he said to me, skipping Jake's glass and pour on Lilly's. "Sorry man, ladies first" Phil said with a grin plastered on his face while showing the empty pitcher. "No need, here's my cup of care for you" Jake replied with a smile and gave Phil his cup "see its empty" he added. Dan burst in laughter hearing Jake's sarcasm.
Everyone looked at Dan, who was banging his hands on the table while laughing. His face is all red from laughing so hard. Jake gave Phil a smirk and the air got so tense. Luckily Jessy came announcing the barbeques are ready and the pool is open exclusively for us.
"What are y'all staring?! Let's party!" Dan rushed outside dragging thomas and Phil with him.
Everyone followed and thankfully Jessy's birthday party ended well.
Although Jake and Phil didn't stop bickering every time they get closer to each other. I feel bad for Phil, the Hawkins siblings are ganging up on him and I have to pull Jake away from him from time to time.
They are like oil and water that cannot go along together.
L