Part 8

(First person perspective)

I took Sanemi, Iguro and Kanae while Gyomei took Kanroji, Kyojuro and Tengen for his training. Every week I would train with each pillar individually at least once. It remained this way for a good three months.

Kanae's training was most definitely the most.....unique. She would also randomly ask me odd questions like "Tomioka-San, what's your favorite food?" Or "What do you like to do in your free time?". I didn't pay too much mind to it but it did feel odd at times.

Sanemi and I trained in our usual manner, I'm not too sure if he's warming up to me or if he just tolerates me now.

Iguro's training went surprisingly smoothly for how little we know about each other. He kept everything extremely formal, although it was hard to tell what he actually thought of me. I could tell that his reaction speed and spacial awareness was much higher then I originally thought.

After those three somewhat peaceful months passed then came the time for me and Gyomei to swap. He then took the three I was training and I took the three he was training for another 3 months.

Even though Kyojuro and Kanroji were friendly, it was definitely much more challenging to train those two. They each required a much..... different approach. Kyojuro's styles was so aggressive, it mainly revolves around attacking but severely lacked in defense. I did my best to teach him at least some things he could do to minimize any incoming damage or outright block attacks.

Kanroji was the most difficult to train. She lacked the speed and coordination of her teacher. This "love breathing" definitely wasn't easy to wrap my head around either. I tried my best to improve her techniques accuracy and effective cutting power. Although I'm not too sure if it actually worked..... She saw good improvements to her speed and strength but her all over the place weapons and fighting style weren't exactly my specialty. Gyomei definitely tried but I'm not too sure what ever he taught her actually got through to her.

Tengen's training by far went the best out of the three. He's always been a smart guy and quick to catch on, that combined with his experience and willingness to actually listen certainly helped. He's a bit chatty at times and definitely over the top but otherwise, everything went fine.

(Third person perspective)

"CAW CAW, PILLARS TO ASSEMBLE FOR EMERGENCY MEETING AT HEADQUARTERS!" The crow loudly yelled to Giyuu.

He scratched the top of its head as a sort of reward.

"Emergency?" Giyuu thought to himself, a small worry slowly surfacing before he hid it under a completely neutral expression.

Giyuu ran to The Demon Slayer Headquarters as fast as he could not knowing what was going on.

He was second to arrive only being beaten out by Gyomei, Tengen quickly arriving a few seconds after himself.

"What's going on?" Giyuu asked as he looked at his peers.

"I'm not sure." Tengen said with a dead serious face.

The front gate was locked so they had to wait to be let in.

The others pillars all arrived within less then 5 minutes. Each asking their own questions and holding differing expressions of worry and confusion.

"Does this happen a lot?" Obanai asked trying not to offend.

"No, I've only had this happen once ever." Gyomei responded.

"And when this last happened, what was it for?" Sanemi now asked.

"The master's health." Gyomei said sounding grim.