Part 33

"This is ridiculous, their temperatures are way too high." Aoi said to herself silently as she read the thermometer.

"It's just like Giyuu when he came back." Shinobu said noting the insanely high body temperature.

Tanjiro and Mitsuri had already been taken in, now only Muichiro, the most injured of the three was left to tend to.

They had already removed all the quills along his body and wrapped up his injuries. The poison he was afflicted with wasn't too deadly so it could be neutralized in his system fairly easily.

The most concerning news they received from the still awake Tanjiro was of Nezuko, his demon sister.

Giyuu had already relayed the news to their master.

As Shinobu tended to the unconscious boy Giyuu came into the room.

Aoi excused herself to check on the other injured, they had a sudden intake of not only slayers, but a few Swordsmithes who were injured as well in the attack.

Upper moons 3 and 4, had been encountered at the Swordsmith village and been dispatched by the available Hashira on sight.

The most concerning part of the reports were of the mysterious power Mitsuri terribly explained of when she fought the upper moon and Nezuko's immunity to the sun. She would now be a prime target for the Demon king.

The slayer's were now in the final stretch, the upper moons were for the first time being toppled over like dominoes. One after another they fell, and soon they would face the Demon king himself if this continued.

Soon the final battle would come, they would have to confront what was left of the demons in that god forsaken fortress. This was what Giyuu had been preparing for this entire time.

"How is he?" Giyuu asked as he walked over to the bedside.

"He's fine now, I'm just concerned, he's just like you when you came back...."

"I'm sure he'll wake up." Giyuu said trying to lighten her spirits.

Aoi had come back.

"Miss Kanroji wishes to see you." Aoi said not really at either specific pillar.

"I'll stay here." Aoi said taking over Shinobu's position watching over the mist pillar.

Giyuu helped her up as they made their way to the other specialty recovery rooms.

It seemed the Hashira were more and more frequently being severely injured these days.

"Hey guys!" Mitsuri tried to say cheerily but failed.

Her voice still sounded a bit off, she was still recovering from the attack just a couple days ago.

"Kanroji, I know you're still hurt, but can you tell us again what you described in the report."

Mitsuri waved over Shinobu to help prop her up.

The two sitting down as they listened to Mitsuri try to detail what happened.

"And after I started to get my heart pumping really fast it felt like it was going to explode. I must've been incredibly hot thinking back on it, I saw my sweat steaming off my skin when I was fighting." She exaggerated a little.

Giyuu knew what she was describing all too well, she was marked, just like him, but she didn't know it yet.

"Did you feel a sharp increase in strength or speed when it happened, like a second wind?" Giyuu asked.

"Yeah! Sort of, but I don't know when exactly it happened, I was so focused on the battle it sort of just happened." She finished explaining.

His suspicions were only confirmed by her words.