Part 21

Three knocks was all it took to get his answer.

"I'm coming." A voice said behind the door as footsteps were heard coming closer.

She slide the door open quickly, her eyes meeting his.

"You.... You look beautiful."

Giyuu's eyes simply couldn't be pulled away from her stunning appearance. Every single part down from the hair to the colors and patterns in her outfit perfectly complimented her appearance.

"Well, you look surprised, I'm glad." Shinobu said with a giggle as she watched his star stuck reaction.

Giyuu had, funnily enough, cashed in a favor from Uzui to help him get some proper attire for such an occasion. Even if he was too flashy in most of his options he gave Giyuu, it was a good start for him to work off of. Giyuu was never known for his swell outfit choices so the advice and guidance Tengen gave was at the very least, somewhat helpful.

"I believe we should get going, it will take a while to get there." Giyuu said after catching himself staring a little longer than normal.

She extended her hand out as the two walked together.

It wasn't long before they had arrived at the festival grounds. An entire town being decorated for just this occasion.

"I heard there was supposed to be fireworks later." Giyuu said as he briefly looked into the partly cloudy sky.

This was one of the few times in his entire life he had ever actually attended such an event.

The sky slowly grew dimmer as the hours passed and the shining sun lowered itself closer and closer to the horizon.

Giyuu let Shinobu practically drag him around from stall to stall, store to store, attraction to attraction.

"Giyuu, try this." She said handing him some sort of candy she had just purchased. It was a small circular shaped with a swirl pattern on the inside.

"It tastes..... interesting." He said as new flavor hit his tongue for the first time. Both savory and sweet with a mix of some sort of fruit flavor he didn't recognize.

"And try this one." She said handing him a different candy.

She gave him a total of three separate candies asking for his opinion on each one.

"Definitely the second one, that was the best one so far."

"Should I buy some for the girls then?"

"Maybe we should look into more... generic options." Giyuu suggested not really wanting to taste or even associate his taste buds with sweets anymore for the day.

"Chocolates maybe." He said while eyeing another vender.

"Then we can get some."

"Later of course." Shinobu added.

Giyuu led her over to what seemed to be a small game of some sorts.

As the vender explained the rules of the game and it's prizes he offered them to try it out.

Giyuu gave him enough money for two try's, one for him, one for her.

It was simple, get the ball into the bottle, the only problem was that the actual open end of each glass were barely larger then the diameter of the ball. He tried first for the sake getting it out of the way even though he wasn't too confident in his tossing skills.