Part 30

"Uzui! You look like shit, what happened?" Sanemi said curiously as he looked at the heavily bandaged man. Everyone actually already heard but Sanemi got his kick in by asking anyway.

"I don't want to hear it!" Tengen shouted back.

A meeting was about to commence soon.

"Yes, what did happen?" Kanae asked with a deceptive smile.

Tengen's face looked tired, likely from the multiple sessions of harassment from his wives and others.

The man was covered in injuries that were barely beginning to heal, a stylish eyepatch over his eye and a heavily covered up arm to boot.

"Ahhhhhh!" He covered his ears not wanting to hear their comments and questions any further.

"Serves him right." Shinobu said aloud.

"You should've seen what he did to-"

"LALALALALLAAL I CANT HEAR YOU!" He said.

Tengen felt like he was going insane, all he wanted to do was come to this last meeting and retire.

"You got pretty roughed up for just upper moon 5." Obanai commented.

"HEY, I did my job! Let me retire in peace." He grumbled.

It was funny to watch from the side.

Rengoku was absent this meeting but he should be back by the next one.

"What happened to your arm?" Giyuu asked.

Tengen looked to his heavily wrapped up arm.

"It could've been worse, I dam near lost my arm."

It seems the only difference this time was the added plus of Tengen having two arms instead of one, he was still missing an eye though.

A bell chimed before the others got into their positions.

The meeting was about to commence.

It was a sort of bittersweet one actually, another upper moon was defeated bringing the count up to 3 dead so far, and now Tengen, one of their own was about to retire.

"My children, I see that one of you is still missing, but I'm assured he will return soon."

"I have heard of your wishes, I have already accepted your request. From this day forward you are relieved from your duties. Tengen Uzui, you may stand."

He stood back up, the others eyeing him with differing expressions.

Everyone here knew he was going to retire anyways but it was still sad seeing him go, no matter how much a certain few disliked him.

This loud mouthed idiot at times was still a friend, and a good one at that, his exit on the meeting was sort of melodramatic actually.

Flamboyant as ever he walked out of the headquarters gates as the others watched him from a distance.

A moment of silence was held before their master spoke again.

"It is sad to see one of my children go, but I believe whatever he wishes to do going forward will be great."

The irony in that statement was funny to the two sisters.

Their presence alone was likely part of the reason he even retired in the first place.

"I also have some news for you all. There will be a new pillar starting from today." He announced.

This was different, the pillars' attention was instantly caught on their master's words.