Part 41

The small discomfort of a needle being taken out of his arm was nothing compared to the aching pain coursing throughout his body.

"Giyuu, you're alright, you're alright." A woman's shaky voice repeated.

He had been blown back into a building of some kind he didn't recognize.

His eyes crept open slowly as the distorted sounds of someone talking awoke him.

He felt whoever it was grab onto him as they helped lift him up to his feet.

He pulled the small wooden splinters out of his arms as his ears rang.

Little by little his vision focused in as his hearing returned.

He could see now, it was Shinobu who was helping him up.

"KEEP PUSHING KID!" The sounds of a man shouting and explosions could be heard just outside.

"I'm ok." He groaned as he searched for his blade and picked it back up.

He looked at Shinobu, her eyes held so much worry and concern for him, she could see his injuries so easily even in the dark.

The blotches of blood that stained his uniform and Haori were visible as he stood in front of her in the darkness.

He was still leaking blood onto the ground but he forced himself to smile at least a little back at her.

There was no time to sit around being sentimental, whatever was going on outside would need his immediate attention.

"Go help the others." He said as he stepped through the hole in the wall his body had made.

Giyuu didn't know how long he blacked out for but judging by the hilt of his blade it was likely less then a minute.

It was still somewhat warm to the touch when he grabbed it.

As his eyes adjusted he could see not only Tanjiro, but Zenitsu, Kanao, and even Uzui desperately attacking Muzan together.

Tengen had asked the new master for permission to join the battle and left the headquarters earlier that night. With him and Tanjiro thrown into the mix they now had a chance even without the others.

Not only that, but he had these musical note like markings running down the length of his arms. It was like a strip of sheet music all the way from his shoulders to his wrists. He was marked just like them.

Uzui was using his fifth form "String Performance" to create a tunnel for Tanjiro and shield him from the tentacle whips of Muzan's.

Tanjiro blitzed ahead of Uzui as he continued his 13th form assault in a desperate bid to push Muzan back.

Kanao and Zenitsu were attacking from the flanks trying their best to get even a little of Muzan's attention away from Tanjiro.

They were putting up a valiant effort as they attacked the demon king with everything they had.

It was obvious why they were fighting so hard, they were trying to push Muzan away from the injured hashira and stall for time as they recovered.

Giyuu grit his teeth as his joints groaned and creaked. He had taken considerable damage but he wasn't out of the fight yet.

"Thank you Tanjiro, Uzui."

He dropped down into one of his stances and instantly bolted into battle slicing off two of Muzan's tentacles with his third form.

They had to fight with everything they had until the others got back up and rejoined the fight.

Tanjiro was putting his all into his 13th form, everyone surrounding him was doing their best to keep him free to keep pressing his assault.