Part 23

Three weeks, that's all the time he had left.

Giyuu spent as much time as possible training like the mad, swing by swing, step by step he would perfect this form and sharpen his skills.

In just three weeks he would need to somehow get Tanjiro and sister to be spared once they were captured and brought in.

This was something he needed to approach cautiously or else it was highly likely they would both just be killed on the spot.

He spent a long time thinking over the possibilities and the what ifs but he only could barely think of any good solutions.

"Tomioka, are you alright?" Rengoku asked as he waved in front of the distracted water pillar.

"Huh, oh.... Yes, sorry."

He had once again spaced out after a meeting, a common occurrence now. None of the information he got from them was even useful anyway.

"What was I saying?" He asked.

"You were talking about some technique of yours?" Rengoku reminded him.

"Oh, never mind, I'm not feeling too well, can we talk about this another time." Giyuu excused himself before he left.

"I understand!" Rengoku said loudly.

He thought about it over and over as he walked, what to do and how to do it, so much yet so little time.

"Three weeks, three weeks." He mumbled to himself.

"What's in three weeks?" Shinobu asked him.

Giyuu snapped out of his thoughts as he heard her voice.

"Sorry, it's nothing." He said dismissing his rambling.

Giyuu had failed to be aware of who he was around once again.

"Giyuu, you've been spacing out all day on me. You're worrying me. Is there something on your mind?"

"No it wasn't too important, I'm just planning some future trainings."

He didn't enjoy being untruthful with her about his intentions, but it had to be this way.

"Shinobu, I have a question."

"What is it?" She said looking at him.

"When you have to make hard decisions, what do you do?"

"Well, that's an odd question. Are you looking for advise or is it something you can't tell me?"

"Both."

"Well.... I'm not sure what has you stumped, but, if it helps I suggest not overthinking it too much. I catch myself doing that a lot and it usually messes me up."

"Sometimes a simple solution is the best." She finished with a smile.

"Simple solution?" He thought to himself.

Then it hit him, a simple solution, he had been overthinking it this whole time. Why wait for the inevitable when he could tackle the problem in advance.

"Continue home. I'll be back later!" Giyuu said as he turned around and ran back to the headquarters.

If he was fast he could catch the master before he left back to the Ubuyashiki estate.

"Huh? Wait!"

Before she could finish speaking he had already disappeared beyond the sunset.

(10 minutes later)

"My child, please breath." Kagaya said to him easily hearing his audible heavy breaths.