Part 10

The days flew by much quicker then Giyuu would've liked. A whole month passed but it felt more like a week. Now the time came for the next pillar meeting, Giyuu taking extra care to actually sleep and be awake for this one. It was scheduled for early in the morning once again.

Giyuu prepared a few of his things and got himself in order, only being interrupted by a knocking at the door.

He approached and opened his door slowly peeking his head out.

"Uzui?"

"In the flesh." He replied with a glimmering smile as he pointed to himself.

This was certainly an unexpected sight so early in the morning.

"How did you find my house?"

"That is unimportant for now." He said completely disregarding his question.

"What do you need?" Giyuu said with a sigh, it was simply too early to be dealing with Tengen's over the top personality.

"Did you not hear?"

"Hear what?"

"We all have the day off."

"Why's that?"

"It's the masters' anniversary."

"Oh..... alright." He said while ducking back inside and shutting the door.

Tengen quickly caught the edge of the door before it could close.

"Wait, wait!"

Giyuu poked out again.

"I came to ask you something important." He admitted.

Giyuu stared at him and then at Tengen's hand that was on his door.

"Kanroji is having a little get together at her place around 12. You want to come?" He asked expecting a firm no.

Giyuu looked to be thinking over the offer for a second before responding.

"I'll be there."

"I know you might not want to g-"

"Wait what?" Tengen did a double take after giyuu's answer.

"You will?" He asked for confirmation.

"Yes..... is there a problem?"

"No, none at all, I just wasn't expecting that." He admitted bluntly.

"Perfect, I'll be there as well." He proclaimed before letting go of the door.

"What about your wives?"

"Bah, they went to go do some shopping for the day, they said they won't be back till later tonight."

"I see....."

Giyuu quickly shut the door and stepped back into his room before sitting on the side of his bed.

"Get together?"

"What do I wear?"

Giyuu remained puzzled on what to do for a good few minutes before checking the time.