Part 18

"I heard the news." Sanemi said while lowering his blade.

Their training was soon coming to a close anyway for the day.

"It's a shame I wasn't there myself." He said slightly annoyed.

"It wasn't anything speci-"

"Like hell it wasn't." Sanemi said cutting him off.

An uncomfortable silence between the two formed.

"Why?" Giyuu asked.

"Why what?"

"Why is it so special?" Sanemi asked again.

"Yes....."

Sanemi took a deep breath as he held in his anger before taking a small sigh.

"You frustrate me, I don't know what it is.... But you piss me off sometimes with the shit you say."

"Since the day I met you, you always said "I'm different from the rest of you guys", like you were mocking us. Then one day you show your true colors and all of sudden change into a completely different person. Guess all that shit about you being 'different' wasn't a lie. But still-.........."

"never mind."

Sanemi turned to leave after catching himself getting worked up.

"I'll see you at the meeting." Sanemi mumbled.

Giyuu watched as he marched off, he knew that this was Sanemi trying his best to talk to him, in his own sort of way. Even if they weren't the most friendly, he was still a valuable training partner, and a good friend, even though Sanemi insisted otherwise at times.

(A few hours later)

"Tomioka-San!" Mitsuri said waving him over.

He was, as per usual, the last one to arrive before the meeting.

"Kanroji, Kyojuro." He said as he greeted the pair.

"It's good to see you after your recovery." Kyojuro said with his typical beaming smile and bright attitude.

"It really is, I heard from my crow what happened." Mitsuri continued.

"Tomioka"

A large man called his name as he silently approached.

Giyuu turned his head around to see none other then Tengen, Kanae and Shinobu. Uzui's face would make you believe he was being held hostage by the two sisters.

"My friends, it's good to see you." The large man said sounding a little off.

Tengen's face practically begged the group for help.

"It's good to see you as well Uzui-San." Mitsuri said with a similar smile to Rengoku.

Giyuu could've sworn he saw Tengen briefly mouth the words "help me".

"What's wrong?" Giyuu asked.

"Oh, nothing." Kanae said while clearly pinching Tengen's side.

"I'm sorry!" He winced at Kanae's vice grip.

"I'll tell you later." Shinobu whispered to him.

Giyuu figured it was most likely a deserved punishment for whatever Tengen must've done.