Part 20

"A new pillar?" Kanae asked.

"That is correct. Would you please introduce yourself." Kagaya said as he looked back and gestured into the darkness behind him.

A small figure stepping forward from the dark.

The pillars all collectively looked at the person standing beside their master. It was extremely easy to confuse the person standing there for a girl based on the facial features and long hair alone. The outfit seemed just a bit too big and baggy in most areas to properly fit.

"Please introduce yourself." Kagaya said trying to encourage him.

"My name is.... Tokito Muichiro, I'm the mist hashira. Um, what else was I supposed to say?" The boy said looking back at Kagaya.

"I'm sorry everyone, He is currently experiencing a severe lapse in his memories. For the time being, please be accommodating to our new friend."

"You can go where you like." Kagaya quietly instructed.

Muichiro hopped down from the elevated platform and trudged over to the others, kneeling down right in-between Shinobu and Kanae.

The two sisters eyed the boy, both hiding their surprise that the new hashira was a male with such an appearance. Shinobu dam near confused him for a girl until he started speaking.

"There he is." Giyuu thought to himself. The final addition to the hashira ranks has finally arrived.

With Muichiro included that now made exactly 10 total hashira, a nice even number.

The meeting didn't drag on long before the master had to leave, he left some parting instructions before he went to go rest.

"Himejima, if it would be ok, I'm concerned with our new pillars housing situation. Can you accommodate him for now."

"Yes I can, Oyakata-Sama." Gyomei replied firmly.

The pillar rose to stand up together, Muichiro being slightly slower on the uptake as he was totally distracted looking at the sky.

Her curiosity simple couldn't take it anymore, she had to ask.

"Sooooooo, how old are youuuuuu?" Mitsuri said in a long drawn out fashion.

The distracted boy wasn't fast to respond.

"Huh?" He asked turning to look at her, he didn't really catch what she was saying.

"How old are you?" Mitsuri repeated.

"14." Muichiro replied.

"FOURTEEN!" Tengen shouted in disbelief at what he just heard.

"Your 14????" Kanae said worriedly.

"Yes."

"NO WAY! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!" Tengen shouted as he examined him up and down.

Giyuu wasn't in any way surprised at the news.

"Hahahah, incredible, such talent at such a young age!" Rengoku chimed in with his signature laughter.

"But you're so cute." Kanae said her eyes twinkling a little as she grabbed the boy.

Sanemi felt a small hint of jealousy as he watched Kanae hug the little guy like he was her first born son.

"Dam, it's like everyone's more talented then me or something." Tengen remarked.

"If you do not mind I wish to make this quick for our new pillar here, please come with me. We must go figure out some living arrangements." Gyomei said before grabbing Muichiro's hand as he led him out of the headquarters and away from the group.