Part 14

"Now I never took Tomioka to be such a bold person buttttttt, the way he looked at young Kocho told me everything." Tengen said with exaggeration.

He was walking backwards as he faced his 3 wives, Giyuu walking slightly to his right.

"I always knew he had a thing for her but I never said anything abou-"

"Uzui." Giyuu cut in to stop him.

Tengen Uzui the former shinobi and a man of many talents. He could lie to your face and make you believe it was truth. Not only that, but he also tended to gossip, especially with his wives. Everything he said they soaked up like a sponge.

They chattered amongst themselves as they eyed Giyuu's back.

His annoyance with the 4 of them only growing larger and larger with each comment, giggle and spurt of laughter he could hear.

His head slowly turned to his left as he stared long and hard at the 4 of them.

"I'm right here....."

He couldn't really care what nonsense they spoke of him but the fact that they did so openly in front of him hit some sort of nerve.

Tengen turned his head to the side as he hummed a small toon to avoided eye contact.

"Focus on what's at hand." Giyuu said coldly as he continued to look forward.

"So focused." Makio joked.

He did his best to not let his emotions show on his face as he tried his best to remain calm.

"Anyways, like I was saying. We totally caught them hugging af-"

"Uzui."

The sounds of Giyuu's hands cracking could audibly be heard.

"Jeez, sorry." Tengen said doing his best not to anger the water pillar further as he turned back around.

They were sent on a joint mission to go and check out a Kizuki sighting. A reportedly decent number of lower ranking slayers were not seen again in the area.

Giyuu's eyes scanned the Sound hashira up and down.

"Was he always so noisy?" He thought.

As far as he could remember, Tengen was a much more reserved and straight laced guy, most likely an outcome of what he had to live with after the Corps was disbanded.

He was most definitely a bit more rambunctious in his younger years to say the least.

"We're almost there." He hummed to his wives.

One of the few upsides when working with the sound hashira was his myriad of extra hands he had following close behind him. With the addition of his wives it effectively made them a squad of 5, making it much easier to search for any potential survivors.

"Myself and Tomioka will go hunting down any demons, you three will go and look for survivors." He instructed as he eyed his wives, even if he was brash at times, his protective attitude to them was always commendable.

"We report back here at sunrise. If any of you find potentially injured slayers you are to bring them back for care immediately. I was told to prioritize saving our comrades by our master himself." He said seriously.

Just as quickly as his serious attitude came in his more goofy side replaced it.

"Alright! Let's go!" He loudly announced as he drew his weapons with a wide smirk.

Tengen instantly bolted into the trees before Giyuu could even get a word in.

His wives quickly disappearing from sight afterwards.