Part 26

His eyes jolted open as he felt the coldest cold sweat he's ever felt in his life. He quickly got up and scanned around noticing tentacle like flesh amalgamations trying to grab him. Instantly he slashed the tentacles cutting them off in one swing.

Everyone had already disappeared. He didn't know what was going on or what had happened since he was knocked out.

Giyuu clenched his teeth as he wiped the water from his eyes.

"I promise, I'll do it.... Shinobu." He said to himself.

He could so clearly remember her words in his head, it hurt to hear them but he didn't have time to think on them. He had other priorities in the moment to focus on.

As soon as he got his baring on his situation the train began to rattle violently before derailing. He braced himself as he was throw about the car violently a few times before coming to a complete stop.

He got up as soon as the train car settled on it's side.

Giyuu hopped over the now sideways exit door at the back of the car. It was completely blown open with the door not even being somewhat attached at the hinges.

As he got out and looked around at the carnage he noticed the others. Passengers, luggage, and other miscellaneous items scattered about, luckily there looked to be minimal casualties.

He spotted his hashira comrade standing over an injured Tanjiro.

"Focus on your breathing, control it, focus." Rengoku instructed the boy.

Tanjiro had a stab wound that was bleeding profusely, he tried desperately to get the bleeding under control with his breathing. Eventually succeeding after a few seconds of heavy concentration.

It appeared as though Giyuu had missed all the action.

Rengoku looked at the damage as he assessed the situation.

Giyuu quickly spotting them before running over.

"Are you two alright?" He asked as he noticed Tanjiro's injuries.

"For the moment we are ok, the boy should not move, as long as he stays still and his injury does not open up again he will make it."

"That's a relief." Giyuu said as he looked at Tanjiro's weary eyes and pained face.

They had spoken too soon.

A cold shiver was sent down their spines as a singular figure approached. A feeling of existential dread filling their bodies as it's six demon eyes stared at them pensively.

"Are you the ones who defeated Akaza." It's deep voice asked.

No amount of training could prepare them for this.

Giyuu had never seen this demon before, it's long hair and strange outfit reminding him a lot of the Slayer uniform, if not more primitive.

"Upper moon 1" it's eyeball inscription read.

Giyuu had only briefly heard of this demon from Sanemi once. He never talked about it since it was such a heavily traumatic experience for him.

A demon with a breath style he'd never heard or seen before, and a possible former Hashira. This demon was the one that not only killed Sanemi's younger brother, but Muichiro as well.

"Tomioka." Rengoku said seriously as he drew his blade.

Rengoku knew this was likely a death sentence, the second most powerful demon In existence was standing before them, eyeing them like prey. It was hard not to feel helpless at such an overwhelming presence.