chapter 5- mate

Skylar p.o.v.

As I got out the car I got a huge whiff of like a spicy cologne. It smelt so good.

I started following the smell into the room where the party is. I could sense my parents, my brothers and precious following behind me.

The music was blasting loudly throughout the room. Lights where flashing everywhere with different party colours. However I could focus on nothing but this smell. I needed to get to it.

As I walked further into the room the smell was getting stronger.

"Happy birthday skylar" I heard everyone shout making me jump.

I smiled politely at everyone and thanked them. I could smell the spicy cologne was getting stronger making me look round. All of a sudden someone jumped on my back.

"Happy birthday bestie." I heard aria shout.

"Thank yo-" I got cut off by a loud growl which made everyone stop what they were doing.

"MINE, MATE" I heard my mate say.

"Mate" I said looking into his beautiful eyes.

Stood there was my mate looking as handsome as ever. There and then I thanked the moon goddess for giving jacob as my mate.

A smile came onto both our faces as we stepped closer to eachother. As we got closer I heard a warning growl snapping myself and jacob out off our trance.

I turned around to see who growled and it was my twin brothers and my father making me whimper.

I looked at jacob who did not even look worried the tiniest bit. With him being beta and not only that because I am his mate he will not let anything get inbetween us or stop us from being together. With him being very dominant If he thinks anyone is trying to get in the middle he will not stop no matter the cost.

Jacob grabbed me by the waist and took in my scent. I noticed how precious had grabbed the twins and my mom had grabbed my dad pulling them away.

I looked at Jacob worriedly. His eyes softened at seeing my worried face.

"Come on, let's worry about that later. You should be enjoying your birthday." Jacob said softly before taking me to the dance floor.

We danced around together in comfortable silence just soaking in eachother scent and comfort. It felt so right and nice.

After a while off dancing together we decided to go and get a drink. We grabbed a drink and headed outside where the chairs are.

"Was you suprised?" Jacob asked as we sat down.

"Kind of." I said.

"Kind of?" He asked turning his head to the side a little.

"Well I-I mean i kind of wanted it to be you. However I just thought with me not having all the best luck in the world it would not be you." I said not looking him in the eyes due to being nervous.