chapter 22- apologies

Jacob p.o.v.

Skykar walked out the door and slammed it shut. I went to go after her but she mindlinked me telling me she needs space and she is not mad at me.

I hesitated not wanting her to be alone and wanting to comfort her but I knew she needed time.

I looked at everyone in the room who was all quite. Some staring at me, some staring at alpha kane and others not knowing where to look.

"I'm happy for you both jacob." I heard precious say with a smile.

I smiled at her softly in thanks. I looked to Skylar mom who looked really upset. I could see she was trying to not cry.

All of a sudden Skylar mom cassie started laughing. However it was a fake laugh. Everyone looked at her while she was to busy looking straight at kane.

"You can sleep on the sofa tonight." Cassie said angrily.

"What! No! Why?" Kane shouted.

"Why? Your asking me why kane?" Cassie shouted angrily.

"Yes I'm asking you why cassie. We have not even argued." Kane said frustrated.

"No but instead we have argued with our little girl. Granted myself and isabella should not have assumed she was going to tell us she is pregnant but we was excited for it. You and the twins on the other hand made it seem like it was the worse thing that could happen. " cassie said upset.

"She is young!" Kane shouted.

"So are the twins and so is precious. Skylar is right you had no problem with that but yet she could get pregnant and you have a problem with it. And dont bullshit me with the fact precious is not your blood because you still look at her as though she is family kane and she is. Now all our daughter wanted to tell us was she was moving put wih her mate and she was so excited to be doing that and we all ruined it as usual kane. Then we wonder why our children don't always come to us when they have things they need to say because something always happens. " cassie shouted angrily.

"Cassie-" kane was about to say. However cassie cut him off.

"And what do you have against her being young. Precious is young and has a baby and she is doing fine. We had a baby young and we did fine. The twins have there baby and they are doing fine. I had to look after keaton and he Is doing fine. Just because we were young does not mean we can not be a good mom or dad it just means our life changes faster." She said with tears pouring down her face.

"She is my baby girl cassie what did you expect me to be like oh yes Skylar you go and have a baby and grow up as fast as you want. She is still my little princess." Kane roared.  However I could see the pain in his eyes of Skylar growing up to fast.

Cassie eyes softened for a split second.

"I understand kane. You don't want her growing up. I dont like it either but it is what it is. They will always be our babies. All off them but you can not just cling on them forever love because it will only make situations like this. You have hurt her because you never spoke to her about it all. Instead you bottled up how upset you are she is growing up and you let it all out when you thought she was pregnant. We knew this was coming kane we knew she was going to find her mate soon but she will always be your little princess. She will always be a daddies girl." Cassie said softly.

Kane had tears in his eyes but he blinked them to the back off his head. He looked at me and sighed.

"Where is she?" He asked

"I don't know." I said blankly.

I understood him more now but I'm still angry at him for upsetting my mate. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Could you please find out.?" He asked.

I looked at him and could see he was desperate. I sighed and spoke.

"Don't upset her no more alpha kane. Today was meant to be a good day. She is at the forest going for a run." I said coldly.

I could see he wanted to be mad at me for the way I spoke to him but he stopped himself knowing it will only upset his mate and my mate more.

He stormed out the house and went to find skylar. Everyone was stil quite until xander spoke.

"So you found a house then." He asked.

I looked at him and nodded.

I looked to my mom who seemed upset and was hugging my father. I sighed and walked over to them. My mom looked at me and looked unsure as if I was angry at her. My eyes softened and I spoke.

"I'm sorry for growling at you mom. It was just that with skylars upset and-" I began to explain before she cut me off by running into my arms.

I wrapped my arms around her instantly and stroked her back.

"Don't apologise sweetheart I understand. I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions thinking she was pregnant." My mom said.

I chuckled and told her it was alright. Just then aria walked up to me and hugged me.

"I'm happy for you big brother." She said softly.

"Thank you." I said hugging her back tightly.

We spoke a short while longer. About 2 hours after Skylar walked back into the house with her dad. I could tell they talked properly and was okay which made me smile.

I walked up to Skylar and took in her scent. She hugged me back tightly and took my scent in to.

We talked to everyone about the house before finally heading to bed and falling asleep In eachother arms.