chapter 24- officially beta

Jacob's p.o.v.

It's been 2 months since we moved into our new place. Skylar is doing amazing at being a doctor and she loves it.

Today however is the official day that I become beta. I'm feeling all different emotions from it. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

I'm with my dad getting changed. Skylar is with precious as precious will be becoming luna.

"How are you feeling son?" My dad asksd me.

"All sorts off different emotions to be honest." I said softly.

My dad chuckled and nodded in understanding.

"You will make an amazing beta jacob I know you will." My dad said looking proud off me.

I smiled soflty at him.

"I hope so." I said.

He chuckled at me and spoke.

"Of course you will as you learnt from the best." He said smugly. 

A loud belly laugh rumbled out off me as well as him.

As I finished getting ready we headed straight for the car and straight to the pack house ready to become alphas , luna and beta.

Ceremony time skip!

"Well hello there beta jacob." I heard my beautiful mate skylar say.

I chuckled and turned around facing her.

"Hello my beautiful mate." I said pecking her lips.

For the rest off the night we danced and said our greeting to everyone. As soon as we got home we headed straight to bed and I'm pretty sure you know what happend that night.

The next day!

Today is my first day as being beta properly. Right now I'm in the car on my way to the pack house where the twin alphas already are.

I pulled up my car in the parking spot and got straight out the car heading to the office.

As I walked in the twins head snapped to me and nodded. I nodded back and looked to my right where precious, kane and my dad jason is.

For the next few hours we were going over everything that we would need to do today. A lot off it was just paperwork while precious went and visited the orphanage with cassie.

All of a sudden myself and the twins got a mindlink letting us know that a rogue had attacked one off the warriors while he was patrolling the east side off the area. He managed to kill the rogue in the end but he is injured. However this is also one rogue that is in the cells.

"Jacob find out all the information you need to know about what happened as they have one rogue in the cells. Come back and tell us what happened then we will integrate the rogue." Xander said in his business tone.

I nodded my head softly.

"Yes alpha." I said taking my job serious and taking him serious knowing he is in alpha mode.

I walked out the room and headed towards where my warrior is at the infirmary. As I walked in I could instantly smell my mate and the warrior. I could smell there was a lot of blood.

I walked straight to where I could see skylar patching up our warrior. I looked straight at the warrior and I could see worry and fear in his eyes making me look at him confused.

"Its alright I'm sure if you speak to them they will understand." I heard skylar say softly before giving him a hug.

I loud growl escaped my lips. Instantly there head snapped to mine and the warrior eyes showed me fear.

"Be-beta ja-Jacob I-its not what it looks like- I swear." Thr warrior stuttered out in fear.

I could feel the rage inside me off Skylar and him hugging. I looked to Skylar who rolled her eyes at me making my eye twitch. I could feel my wolf trying to take over.

Her eyes widened at seeing this and she ran over.

"Jacob calm down. It was just a hug a friendly hug that was all. He has found his mate baby calm down." She said trying to calm me down while stoking my arm.

I grabbed hold of her by her waist and pulled her closer to me. I took in her scent as she kept saying soothing words to help calm me down.

"He is not marked" I said with a growl.

"He only found his mate today my love." She said softly.

I nodded and took deep breathes before walking up to the warrior who stiffened at my presence.

"Explain." I said in my beta voice.

"Sh-she was just comforting me thata all beta jacob I swear. I was upset and worried and she was comforting me and-" he rambled before I cut him off.

"Not about that skylar has already told me about that I'm on about the rogues." I said.

He mad an o shape with his mouth before starting to explain.

"I was on the east course patrolling the area when I smelt this amazing smell. I could not figure out what it was but I also got a wiff off rogues. They were close to the borders and off course I did not want them crossing the borders so I went the the edge off our borders. As soon as I got there two rogues came out of nowhere and went for another rogue. Instantly I noticed this rogue was on it's own and more so I noticed the rogue was my mate. I - I know we dont like rogues but he is my mate and it's an instinct and as much as I don't like rogues he is my mate I had to protect him. I started fighting the rogues when one managed to bite my stomach/ribs area. Before he could go for my throat my mate bit into him. The other rogue was about to bite into his throat so I jumped up and killed him while my mate killed the other rogue." The warrior said.

I was suprised but nodded my head in understanding.

"Are you going to kill him?" The warrior whimpered.

I sighed but spoke.

"I will explain it all to the alphas." I said before walking up to skylar and kissing her lips before walking out and heading to the office where the alphas are. I explained it to them and they were furious about rogues managing to come onto our land. They ordered that training get more tougher to help us all more and that I instantly start that as soon as.

We had all spoken to the warriors mate and it was agreed he can join our pack but he has to be watched for a full month first.