Chapter 8 | Dream

S A D I E

My eyes flutter open. I wake up to the loud sound of chirping birds, just like every morning. The light flowing through the pastel pink curtains, the tiny flowers on my ceiling, my fluffy white comforter, Bear tucked under my arm. Everything is normal.

Only two seconds later, yesterday falls on my head like a bucket of ice cold water.

Yesterday.

I sit up so fast I crack my neck. I groan, rubbing my neck, I tilt my head to the side, and I get a heart attack.

Jax is sitting there. He's in a Grey hoodie and sweats, and his hair is messy just like every morning. I'm starting to question if yesterday even happened. There's a pillow right next to me on the bed, so I'm assuming he slept here yesterday.

Yesterday.

'You gave me a heart attack.' I state.

'Good morning to you too.' He says, groggily. 'Dramatic ass.' He mutters under his breath.

Everything is normal. As if I didn't spend yesterday with my idol in the city of L.A.
But the look Jax is giving me is not normal. I sit up I'm bed and lean over to the drawer beside my bed where Jax keeps some of his stuff for when he spends the night here. I have the same drawer at his house. I open it and pull out his bright orange hairbrush that I despise and chuck it at him.

Its color is annoying.

He catches it and starts combing through his dark locks, still giving me the icy look. Instead of asking, I grab my phone and answer some of my messages.

Jaxon is still glaring at me.

'What is wrong with you?' I exclaim.

'I don't know... I was wondering when you would tell me the reason you arrived in a celebrity's car instead of Angelina's white limo.'

I jump up and walk towards Jax. I place my hands on his shoulder and start shaking him violently. 'So, I did? I came in Lucas's car? The matte black one? Really? So it wasn't a dream? But what if I'm still dreaming? What if yesterday was a dream and I'm still dreaming right now?' I let go of Jax and scurry to my mirror and stare at myself. I don't look like I'm dreaming.

I have to make sure.

'Pinch me.' I tell Jaxon. Instead, he throws his hairbrush towards me, hitting me straight on the forehead.

I glare at him and rub my forehead. He gives me a look and I sigh. I go back to my bed and get under the covers. Jax follows me and lays down beside me, looking at me dead in the eye, waiting for me to explain.
And I do. I tell him everything, from the limo ride, up until Lucas telling me he takes blame about what happened.

'-Then he takes me around the city.' I finish. Throughout the whole explanation, Jax stays silent, he doesn't have to say anything, I know exactly what's going inside his head.

He gets up from beside me and I feel a sense of loss. He starts pacing around my room. My eyes start watering. 'Jax, please, say something.' My voice cracks.

He stops and takes a deep breath. 'Sadie.' His voice is laced with emotions. 'I told you to call me if anything happened-'

'I know.'

His eyes are filled with guilt, and I finally understand.

'Jaxon.' I throw the covers off me and walk to where he is standing. 'It's not your fault.'

'I should've known.' Guilt.

'You should've told me.' Disappointment.

'I texted you, asking if you were okay, and you said yes. You lied.' Betrayal.