Chapter 15 | Psychology

L U C A S

My grandfather always said: 'In order for a person to completely trust you, you have to prove to them that you will stay, no matter what the consequence is.'

Thats what came to my mind the second Jaxon said those words. 

My grandfather was a very poetic and wise man. He used to give the best advice I have ever heard, and some of his quotes stayed with me until this day, before he passed away a year ago from cancer.

'What are you planning to do? Once you're finished with school?' I ask Jaxon.

He looks up at me and sighs. 'Psychology.'

I smile. 'To help people like Sadie-'

'No. Not to help.' He interrupts. 'To save. To save them from drowning in the ocean of self-despair and criticism.' He looks down at his hands. 'But yes, a part of me wants to do it for Sadie. I don't want all those friends, parents, relatives to go through what I went with Sadie.

'She saved me. She doesn't know it, but she did. She helped me come to term with my anger, helped my control it, anchor it. She solved a problem between my sister and I that even my parents couldn't solve.

 'But you know what hurts me the most? Is that she doesn't acknowledge it, doesn't admit that she's a superhero. Instead, she puts her pure soul in misery and despair. And I don't know how much she can hold it in before she explodes.' 

He finally breathes, letting it all out. I can't imagine what this family is going through. 

'She blames herself. For his death. For Ezra's death.' Jazon looks down and shakes his head. 'No matter how hard we convince her it's not, nothing ever seems to change her mind.'

'I realized something.' I say. 'Sadie-'

Except I'm interrupted, by the sound of her yells.

'I'm going mad! I'm going mad!'

***
Double update