Chapter 30 | My Girl

L U C A S

I bang harder on the door.

'Williams. I swear to god, if you don't open the goddamn door-' The door finally barges open and I'm met with Sadie's sleepy face. My heart tingles and flutters.

Fucking hell.

She doesn't say anything, just walks forward and wraps her arms around my torso and places her head on my chest, mumbling incoherently.

My ray of sunshine.

Mine. She's finally mine.

I pick her up and instantly she wraps her legs around my waist, placing her cheek against my shoulder. 'Morning, princess.' I say, kissing the top of her head.

'You are so warm.' She mumbles. 'For a person who acts so big and cold and tough, you're so fuzzy and warm.'

I chuckle and walk into the house, shutting the door behind me with my free hand. I stand awkwardly at the door, seeing as this is Jaxon's house not Sadie's.

'Oh, my!' A woman with eyes identical to Jaxon's walks out of the kitchen. 'You must be Sadie's boyfriend, Lucas! I'm Charlotte, Jaxon and Joanna's mom. They speak very fondly of you, well Joanna speaks mostly about your cousin-'

I smile, pulling out my free hand to shake her hand, Sadie still asleep on my shoulder. 'Very nice to meet you, Mrs. Williams.'

'Now, I think you're here to take the kids to school?'

'Sadie wanted me to be there for her last first day of school.' I grin, tracing shapes on Sadie's hip.

'As you should.'

'Who was banging on the door at six in the morning- Oh.' Jaxon comes walking down, his hair a mess, sleep marks on his cheeks. 'It's you. Or course. What are you doing in my house, Edwards?'

I gesture the still sleeping Sadie. This girl can sleep through an apocalypse.

'I'm here for my girlfriend.' I smirk.

He looks unamused. 'Great. Don't make yourself at home.'

'Jax!' His mother scolds him.

'So, you found out?'

'That your cousin is fu-'

'Jaxon, don't you dare.' His mom says, sternly.

'Fine.' He grumbles. 'Oi, Say!'

Sadie just mumbles.

'Sadie!'

'Stop.' I tell him. Instead, he chucks a washcloth at her head. 'Hey!' I kick the edge of his chair, causing him to tumble to the floor.

'Say, darling, it's time to get up.' I say softly.

***

'Jaxon, Lucas, guys come on.' Sadie tilts her head.

'I'm thoroughly enjoying this.'

'Aleena!'

'Same, here. It's funny how they are shooting death glares at each other.'

'Joanna!'

We're in my black car. Aleena, Jax and Joanna all crammed in the back seat, parked in front of their school.

'Please?' She pouts, fluttering her lashes, flashing those big green eyes.

My god-

'I'm sorry for kicking your chair.' I mumble. Jax grins.

'Not to hard. Hm?' He asks. 'Disney?' He turns to Aleena his chain in his hand. He turns his neck around, and she fastens it, pressing a kiss to the back of his neck. I can see him shiver.

'Oh, shit.' Joanna mutters. 'Um, Say? You're all over social media.'

'WHAT?'

Joanna hands Sadie her phone, and I peer at the screen. I can see a photo of our backs as we walk on the beach, hand-in-hand.

Sadie starts reading. 'After the breakup of famous teen model Emma and singer Lucas Edward's almost two years ago, their fans held on to the hope that the 'It' couple were definitely getting back together. All that hope vanished, as Lucas was spotted two days ago, hand in hand with a brunnete. Sadly, we weren't able to get a shot of her face, but several resources say that they were spotted multiple times together. Lucas seems to be keeping her away from the eyes of the media. Has our Hotshot finally found himself a girl? Don't worry ladies, (and lads), we will find as much as we can about this mystery girl. Until then, keep your eyes peeled.'

We sit in silence for a bit, letting that sink in.

'They didn't get a shot of her face.' Jaxon offers weakly.

'And it's a matter of time before they do. Don't worry, I'll deal with this.' I run a hand through my hair. 'Sadie, avoid any talk about me around people, okay? I can't believe I dragged you into this.' I groan.

'Hey, we'll give you guys a minute, yeah? Come on, Jax.' Aleena opens the car doors and walks out, Jax and Joanna following her. Thank God the cars windows are tinted, or else everyone around will have spotted us by now.

I feel a warm hand on my thigh. I look up to meet her eyes.

My princess.

'It'll be okay.' She whispers, faking confidence. 'We have to be a bit more careful, that's all.'

'I'm sorry. I'm sure you wanted a nice, simple, easy relationship. Someone you can go out with without having to cover your face.' I run a hand through my hair again.

'Lucas, stop. I don't do easy.' She grabs my hands that's running through my hair and kisses it. It's so sweet, so soft, delicate. I don't think I've ever been touched with such tenderness.

'I just want you. I want to be with you, no matter what. You make me happy. You're my person, Lucas. Mine.' She says, kissing my hand again. She brings her hand to my cheek, and I melt into her touch. She smiles, those small, soft smiles. The ones that I wish I can savour, keep them just for myself. Those smiles make me dizzy.

I lean in and press my mouth against hers, softly, letting her know how thankful I am for this ray of sunshine that happened to be my girlfriend.

Her words replay in my head.

'You're my person, Lucas. Mine.'

'My princess.' I mutter. 'My love.'

Her face turns red under my fingers. 'So cute.'

I scowl. She just giggles.

I'm drunk on her laughs, her smiles, her giggles. Her.

Please don't leave. I wanna tell her. I don't think I can bear it a second time.

I don't. Instead, I just nod towards her school gates. 'Senior year is waiting for you.'

She freezes. 'It's been a year, since we met, can you believe it?'

'Time passes quickly when you're happy.'

'I am happy. The happiest I've ever been.' She confesses. 'I'll come visit you after school.'

'I'll be waiting, princess.'

She pulls me in for one last kiss before she's off. I smile, watching her long hair swish behind her.

My girl.

* * *
I didn't edit this. Oops?