Chapter 27 | Beach house

L U C A S

'Goodbye, mama, I'll miss you.' I say, giving her a hug.

She smiles, grabbing my face in her hands. 'Cuida a tu primo. Tiende a ser un poco... Descuidado.'

Matheo scoffs from behind me. 'Careless? I'm not careless. Besides, I don't need anyone to take care of me.' He says, crossing his arms, pouting.

I roll my eyes. 'Stay out of the public places.' I remind my parents. 'The media is going crazy on us. I don't know why.'

My dad nods grimly. 'They will let go of us soon. It's because of the Emma problem.'

The Emma problem.

Around a week ago, Emma's agent texted Jonah to tell him that Emma is going downhill, after she was seen high and drunk in a club. She's barely getting deals, no modeling brand signing her up. So they want Emma and I to get back together, so she can get publicity.

But I'm not a sixteen year old boy anymore, I'm not falling for her tricks again.

'Lucas!' A voice says from behind me.

'Princess.' I say, turning around.

I freeze.

Ever since I've met Sadie almost 10 months ago, I've never seen her in anything but long sleeved shirts and pants. Now, she's standing in front of me wearing the most gorgeous summer dress, yellow in colour, that hugs her curves beautifully. Her hands and legs on full veiw, littered with magnificent scars. This girl is the definition of perfect.

My girl.

I walk towards her slowly, admiring her. She wraps her hands around herself shyly, as if hiding her hands from view. Once I'm in front of her, I take her hands in my own and kiss the back of her hand. I place my hands on her shoulders and smile.

'So beautiful.' I mutter. 'So fucking beautiful.'

'Really?'

'Mhm.' I say, tracing my hand over her scars.

'They don't disgust you?'

My head snaps up to meet her eyes. 'Disgust me?' I scoff. 'Disgust me?! They are beautiful, they are magnificent. They show how brave you are. I can sit and admire them for ages.'

She blushes. 'So you like the dress?' Giving a little twirl.

I grin. 'I love it.'

'Sadie!' Mom calls.

'Camilla!' Sadie runs forward and envelops my mom in a hug. 'I haven't seen you in a while.'

Mom grimaces. 'I've been busy with the whole... Emma thing.'

Sadie's sighs. 'The Emma thing.'

That's what we call this situation, 'The Emma thing' and 'The Emma problem'. It's kind of funny actually.

'Lucas.'

I face Joanna. 'Hello, Little Williams.'

She scrunchs her nose in disgust. 'No, just... no.'

'Matheo calls you that.'

Her eyes widens and she turns around to see if Jaxon heard. 'Are you mad? Do you want me to go on this trip or not.' She whisper-shouts.

'Not really.'

She rolls her eyes.

'You didn't tell him yet?'

'Soon, very soon. I'm waiting until he's in a good mood.'

'It's none of his business who you date.'

'I know. I just want Jax to like Matheo.' She says, flapping her hands in front of her face. 'It's so hot, isn't it?' She grabs her long, black hair and ties it up.