Chapter 10 | Sunsets

S A D I E

It has been around six weeks since the show. Thankfully, I haven't run into Angelina since.
Should cut my hair into a-

'Sadie, come back to Earth.'

'Sorry,' I grin sheepishly, 'I dozed off.'

'Yeah. I can see. Your phone is blowing up.' Luna says.

I unlock it to see a dozen messages from Lucas.

Did I mention he still talks to me? I haven't seen him since he dropped me off, but we do facetime a lot. And by a lot I mean almost every second of every day.

Lucas<3: Sadie.

Lucas<3: Sadie.

Lucas<3: Answer me.

Lucas<3: Don't ignore me.

Lucas<3: Guess what?

Lucas<3: Princess please answer.

Lucas<3: Darling.

Lucas<3: Say.

Lucas<3: Why the fuck aren't you responding me.

Lucas<3: Sadieeee.

Lucas<3: Don't make me call you.

Lucas<3: I'm going to hang the phone around your neck.

Lucas<3: I'm going to die.

Lucas<3: Princess answer me please.

Me: what

Me: lucas edwards I'm at school

Me: If it is something silly-

Me: why do you type so formally?? with full stops and shit

Me: why you text me

Lucas<3: I found a shirt with your name written on it.

You blocked Lucas Edwards.

'You are cruel.' Jax mutters from behind me. I glare at him.

'Were you looking at my messages?'

'Yep.' He says shamelessly. 'You know Lucas will find a way to contact you, right?'

'Whipped fucker.' Luna mutters under her breath.

My phone starts ringing violently.

Lucas Edwards is inviting you to an Instagram call

I give up. I answer the call without thinking and answer in an irritated voice. 'What?'

'Whose Sadie talking to?' Elliana appears out of nowhere and I panic.

'Uh... this is my cousin, uh- Eran, from... from... uh- Scotland.' I stutter pathetically. 'So, yeah, Eran... Um, how's the weather in Scotland?'

'You have a cousin from Scotland?' Elliana asks, frowning.

'Yeah... yeah, she does.' Jax plays along. 'Ellie, why don't we go on a date tonight?' He asks her, handing me his car keys without her noticing. Meanwhile Luna, is two seconds away from bursting into laughter.

I take the opportunity to slip away. I unlock Jaxon's car and finally acknowledge Lucas.

'Hey.'

'Hey.' He pauses for a second. 'Cousin from Scotland. Seriously?' He chuckles.

I roll my eyes. 'What else do you expect me to do? Oh yeah, I'm on a call with Lucas Edwards, yeah, the celebrity.'

'That's what I wanted to talk to you about, actually.'

'Mhm?'

'Sadie, who, other than Jaxon, knows about, uh- our friendship.'

'No one. And Luna, my other friend. Why?'

'You know that if you told a lot of people-'

I laugh. Lucas sounds confused. 'What?'

'I don't know a lot of people, Lucas. Luna and Jax, plus Elliana are my only friends. And also, I'm not dumb enough to tell anyone, imagine how many people would want to be friends with me and use me. Tons, and I don't need fake people in my life.'

Lucas sighs in relief. 'I-I just don't want you to go through anymore. I really don't.'

I'm not blushing. You are.

'Oh yeah, about the shirt with your name on it-'

I hang up on him.

***

The wind is blowing through my light brown hair, my feet planted in the sand. The sun is setting, the skies full of hues of pink, orange, and yellow. My favorite time of the day. The weather is getting colder, since we are in mid-October. Halloween is coming closer, leaves are starting to turn orange, pumpkins are slowly starting to appear on doorsteps and porches.
Autumn has always been my favorite time of the year. It's not too cold, nor too hot. The weather is absolutely perfect.
I'm at the beach. The one that Ezra and I always used to visit. I'm the only one on the beach, apart from a couple on a date a couple of meters away. I'm reading, enjoying the silence around me. Only that silence never lasts for long these days, since Lucas is always calling.

The last time I talked to him was yesterday, just before midnight. He told me he has a recording session and might not be able to call me until after seven. Honestly, I'm quite surprised he's still contacting me. I thought he would stop after some time, but it's been around two months.

My phone starts ringing, and I immediately swipe to answer.

'Ugh, the best time of the day.' He greets me.

'Ooh, you like sunsets too?'

'I do, but I meant the best time of the day is seeing your face.'

I blush crimson red, he just smirks.

'How are you, princess?'

'I'm good, I'm at the beach!'

'Alone?'

I nod. 'I come here to read.'

'Nice, you look gorgeous.' He compliments me.

I blush even harder. 'Thanks, I-'

I scream. I drop the phone and run.

***
A/N
Cliffhanger.
Doube update for you loves.
Ellie<3