Chapter 36 | Uncomfortable

S A D I E

On the list of things that I hate in this world, after eggplant, paparazzi is a close second.

I groan as my phone tings. I grab it, and sure enough, another gossip website.

'At Lucas Edwards' birthday party two days ago, he revealed that the brunnete he has been spending time with alot lately is non another than his girlfriend, Sadie Parker. Miss. Parker is a high school student at Beverly Hills, and is seventeen of age. So far, the couple haven't been spotted outside yet... blah blah blah. Ugh.' I read out. 'Can't they leave us alone?'

Joanna takes a bite out of her sandwich. 'I mean,' She mumbles, mouth full of food. 'It's their job.'

I look away, still grumbling. It snowed today, the ground covered with a thick blanket of pure white snow. Jaxon went to visit Allie this morning, so Joanna and I decided to make the most of the time alone by putting on a rom-com.

My phone tings again, which makes me grab a pillow, and scream into it. Joanna reaches for my phone and chuckles.

'It's your boyfriend, you mad woman.' She laughs, handing me my phone. I take the pillow out of my face, opening Lucas's message.

Call me when you're free.

Joanna smiles knowingly and nods. 'Jax's room is empty.'

I take the stairs to two at a time, and burst into Jaxon's room, closing the door behind me. It takes Lucas less than three rings to answer.

'Hey.'

'Hey.'

'Hi.'

'Princess.'

'Lucas.'

'It's snowing.'

'I have eyes, Luca.'

'You know what that means?'

'No, what does it mean?'

***

Lucas picks me up twenty minutes later. His black car parked in the driveway of the Williams' house. Matheo steps out of his car and jogs towards the door, using his hands to shield himself from the slight drizzle.

I usher him in from the cold and hand him a cup of hot chocolate. He sits by the fireplace, shivering.

'I miss summer.' He mumbles. Joanna rubs circles on his back. 'Sadie, go on before Lucas turns to a snowman.'

I bid the both of them goodbye and run to Luca's car. He's waiting for me in the cold, a black coat wrapped around him. He opens the door for me and ushers me in. He turns up the hear and faces me.

'Hi.'

'Hey.' I reply, before closing the gap between us and pressing our lips together.

His lips are warm, unlike my cold ones. He grabs my hand and leads me to sit in his lap, without breaking the kiss. His large warm hand moves to my waist, tugging me impossibly close. My hands move to his blonde hair, pulling and tugging at it. He feels so warm, which is weird considering he was out in the cold weather. His lips move perfectly against mine. It's not soft, or pure, it's full of hunger and desire and passion. I move my hips forward, trying to get even closer, causing him to groan into the kiss. He grabs my hips and moves them again, grinding them against him.

I pull away, breathing heavily, looking into his glazed eyes. His chest heaves up and down, and I place my hand against it, matching his breathing with mine. When we've both caught our breath, Lucas let's out a shaky chuckle.