Chapter 25 | Close

S A D I E

'Luca!' I call out as I make my way through the Edwards' living room. Toys are thrown all over the floor, so I have to tiptoe to avoid stepping on one.
After I finally cross the toy rumble, I make my way over to Lucas's basement. But instead of his blue eyes, I'm met with Jonah's dark ones.

I instantly step away. 'Jonah. Hi.' I saw awkwardly.

I don't like the look he gives me, his eyes roaming my body, as if he's hungry.

'Miss...  Sadie. Always a pleasure to see you.' He mumbles, his eyes still eating my figure, not meeting mine for a second.

I try to move around him but he's blocking the door to the basement. 'Do you mind?' I say rudely.

He just smirks, finally meeting my eyes. 'You look very beautiful today, Miss Sadie.'

His words don't make me feel beautiful, his words make me uncomfortable. If Lucas said those words, my heart would be beating one million miles a minute. But now, my heart is beating a million miles a minute because of another reason.

Fear.

'Where is Lucas?'

'No one is home, Miss Sadie.' Jonah steps way to close for my liking, and I take a step back.

'Jonah. You- You're to close. Please.' I try to push him away buy he's too strong. He's too close. He's too...

Close.

My eyes tear up and I struggle beneath him. 'Please.' I whisper.

He finally moves away and I can finally breath. I start walking away from him, then start running, then sprinting towards the nearest bathroom. I lock the door behind me and take out my phone and dail Lucas's number.

He answers almost instantly. 'Princess.'

I try to stabilize my voice. 'I'm at your house? Where are you?'

'Princess, are you okay?'

'I'm okay.' I'm definitely not. 'I'm at your house, where are you?' I repeat.

'I'm on my way home. Why? Sadie, did something happen?' He sounds concerned.

I hear the sound of cars honking. 'Fuck off!' Lucas yells.

'Lucas?'

'Princess?'

'Are you speeding?'

'Yes.' He replies, unbothered. 'I'll be home in two minutes, meet me outside.'

'Book shopping?'

'Plus a milkshake.' He agrees.

'I'm on my way out.' I say, a smile blooming on my face.

I hang up and look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a white sweater with a pair of black leggings, a pair of yellow crocs on my feet. I'm not exactly dressed extravagantly, I never am, but my yellow crocs never disappoint me. A few daisy pins on them, as well as an egg pin, both which I got from Jaxon.

I step out the bathroom, look around, and once I was sure the coast was clear, I sprinted towards the front door, and right into Lucas's open arms.

I hear him suck in a breath. 'Woah, pretty girl, careful.'

'You were fast.' I told him, looking up to meet his eyes.

'You called me.' He replies, shrugging. 'What's this about?'

'I- I just wanted to spend time with you.' I reply. 'I love spending time with you. You- you make me very happy, y'know that? You're one of my favourite people.'