THREE

We ate, and also had a mini argument about my order. He saw the pineapple on my pizza and looked at it with disgust, and then back at me. For five minutes, we argued about whether or not pineapple belonged on pizza. He needed another opinion, and called in one of his friends. I laughed while his friend said that pineapple in fact belonged on pizza. I wound up paying for the food and he and I got back into the car. Shawn began to drive off and I grew a by worried when I saw he was leaving the city.

"Erm, where are you taking me?" I asked.
"I told you I had a machete in the trunk." Shawn said seriously. He pressed the universal lock on the door and I felt a wave of panic run through me.

Shawn burst out laughing as he slowed to a red light and slowly clapped his hands. I dropped my jaw and gasped once I realized he was joking. I lightly punched his arm and sat back in my seat.

"Alright, I'm sorry. I'll let you be deejay if you'd like."
"Fine."

He unlocks his phone and hands it to me while he continued to drive. I scroll through his music and furrow my brows. By the looks of it, we have a same, but different, taste in music.

"Don't like the choices?" He asks me.
"Yes and no." I reply.

"What don't you like?"
"For one, you don't have any Fleetwood Mac in here."

"Who?"

I turn and look at him. "Please, for the love of Stevie Nicks herself, tell me that you are just joking and you have in fact listened to the greatest band of all time."

Shawn shakes his head and shrugs his shoulders. "Sorry. Can't say that I have."

"No freaking way. I refuse to believe that you... you know what, this is good. Because now I can see your reaction to listening to them. Do you have Apple Music?"

"Yeah." He nods his head.

I look at him and squint my eyes as I wonder what song will completely captivate his attention and blow his mind. Little Lies? He looks like he'll like it, but maybe not at the moment. Dreams? Too soft for the drive right now. Rhiannon? Will Rhiannon blow his mind apart? Yes, yes it will.

"Alright. This song - the greatest song ever - was written in ten minutes. Don't get me started on the guitar, one of the best pieces through this song besides Stevie's chilling voice." I begin.

"Just play the damn song. You wouldn't want to oversell it, Jasmine." Shawn says.

"Oh, but that's the thing! You can't oversell this song, or any of their songs for that matter. Shawn, their songs are just...holy crap do they do something to you! Alright, are you ready to hear it?"

"What's it called?"
"Rhiannon." I smile as I press onto the song and raise the volume.

Four the next four minutes and thirteen seconds, I look at Shawn and watch as he is blown away by the song. He taps his fingers along the steering wheel and nods his head to the beat of the deep and mysterious baseline. I smile harder and bite on my bottom lip; getting people interested in new music was always such a fun activity for me. The song finishes and the car is filled with silence.

"So?" I ask.

"Jasmine. That was undeniably one of the best songs that I have ever heard in my lifetime. Yeah, I'm only twenty, but that has got to be the best song in all of my twenty years of life that I have heard." Shawn says.

"Really?"
"Oh, fuck yeah! Put another one on."

I play The Chain and we both go wild at the guitar solo toward the end. That solo had always been one of my favorite solos in any song! After the song ended, Shawn and I took turns playing music. He chose a song he thought I would like, and it had a good beat, but I paused the song the moment I realized who sang it.