sixty-four

[shawn]

I let out a scoff-like chuckle and remove my arm from Jasmine's head. Her Tia Josie walks over to the car that rolled up into the driveway. Jasmine freaks out, putting her hands to her head and she paces back and forth and I continue to laugh at the situation.

"Holy shit," I say. "I didn't think...wow!"
"Oh, this is so bad," Jasmine groans.

I place my hand over my mouth in hope of stopping my laughter but fail. I turn around, placing my hands on his hips and laughing.

"Shawn!" Jasmine grunts. "This isn't funny!"

"Baby, I love you, but this is hilarious!" I reply.

"I mean - how does she even figure it out?" I ask. "Is she that good a sex therapist?"

She turns to me and places her hands on her hips. "If my dad finds out you took my innocence, he's gonna flip."

"Jasmine, you weren't that innocent before I took your virginity." I say. "Remember the photos? The blow job?"

"Keep your voice down!" Jasmine shushes me.

"She said she wasn't going to tell, relax," I reply.
"No, you don't get it. I'm seen as this innocent little angel. If anyone's knows I've had hot sex with you, oh, my dad is going to flip!"

"You think the sex is hot?" I ask.
"Shawn that is so not the point right now."

"The point is that you're flipping out," I tell her. "Relax, okay? Just stay calm and act like you normally would."

Jasmine takes a deep breath before exhaling. "Okay, you're right," she nods, "I just gotta relax."

"Good. Now, introduce me to the rest of your family."

She takes me by the hand and we walk over to where everyone was.

"Jasmine!" Jasmine lets go of my hand and walks over to who I believe to be Selma. She must be at least 5'7 as she towers over her. When they pull apart from their hug, Jasmine goes over to hug the groom-to-be. She holds a small conversation with the two before turning to me.

"Shawn, come meet Selma and her fiancee, Matthew." Jasmine says. I walk on over to them and stand next to Jasmine.

I extend my hand out to Selma. "Hello, Selma, it's nice to meet you. Congratulations."

She shakes my hand and flashes a smile. "Thank you, it's wonderful to meet the guy my cousin just will not shut up about."

"Sel, don't embarrass her." Her fiancee says. "Hello, Shawn, nice to meet you. I'm Matthew."

"I'm Shawn, nice to meet you, too," I say as we shake hands.

"Tia Dahlia just rolled up!" Jasmine says as she grabs Selma's wrist.
"Excuse us," Selma says as she and Jasmine run off to the taxi that pulls into the driveway.

Matthew and I stand side by side watching our women greet their family members.

"How long you and Jasmine been together?" He asks me.
"Almost four months," I reply.