twenty-seven

-- A WEEK LATER --

"You and Paige still haven't talked?" Shawn asks me as we drive up to my parents house in Cambridge.

"No." I reply. "She's been avoiding me."

"Why is she mad, though?"

"Because I didn't tell her about us having sex."

"Jasmine, it's your personal life. You shouldn't have to tell her every single detail about it. Does she tell you everything about her sex life?"

I give Shawn a glance that answers his question. "Oh, never mind then."

"I just don't know what to do." I sigh.

"I think you should just a talk to her about it. Forget about your pride for two minutes and talk to her." Shawn tells me.

After driving for a while, we arrive to my parents house. Shawn parks the car in the driveway and we both get out, walking to the front steps. Before I can press the doorbell, I stop and look at Shawn.

"Don't be nervous." I tell him. "They're really nice. Maybe a little bit embarrassing. But all parents are like that. Just stay calm and enjoy yourself."

I ring the doorbell and quickly take Shawn's hand in mine. Footsteps approach and the door opens, revealing my mother and father. They both stand there, happy to see me, and happy to see Shawn.

"Jasmine!" My mom exclaims as she hugs me.

"Hi, mommy." I say. I pull apart and hug my dad.

"How's my princess?" He asks me. Princess. Shawn called me that during sex.

"I'm fine, daddy." I reply. I pull apart from the hug and stand next to Shawn, hugging him from the side as I face my parents.

"This is my boyfriend, Shawn." I introduce them. "Shawn, this is my mother, Diana, and my father, Ian."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr and Mrs. Callaghan." Shawn says, shaking their hands. "I can see where your daughter gets her charming looks from."

My mother lightly blushes and giggles as my dad steps back and we walk in the door fully. The door closes and we walk through the foyer with my mom.

"Jasmine talks about you a lot." My mom tells Shawn as we walk into the dining room.

"Does she?" Shawn asks her, looking at me as we sit down at the table.

"All the time whenever I call her." She adds.

"Mom," I groan.

My dad sits down at the table across from Shawn. "Jasmine, can you help me in the kitchen?" My mom asks me.

"Sure." I stand up from the table and head into the kitchen with her.

"That Shawn of yours is really really attractive." She says. "How much are you paying him?"

"Oh, shut up." I say, hitting her arm as she laughs.

"How long have you two been together now?"

"About a month."

"And have you -"

"Hey, let's not talk about that." I cut her short.

"I was going to say developed feelings?"

"Oh." I sigh. Love? "Mom, isn't it a little too soon to be in love with a guy I've been with for only a month?"

"Jasmine, do you know how long your father and I were together when I realized I was in love with him?" She asks me as she hands me plates.

"No." I shake my head.

"Two weeks."

"That early?"

"That early. But you know something funny? Your father was in love with me the moment we met. We were at a graduation party and I was with a few friends and your father kept his eye on me all night. After that, we started dating. And two weeks later, I was in love."

"How would I know if I do...love him?" I ask her as we gather the dishes and food.

"Trust me, you'll know." She says to me. We head back into the dining room and catch my dad and Shawn laughing and who knows what. Together, she and I set the plates down in front of the chairs.

"What's so funny?" My mom asks.

"The height different between you two." My dad laughs.

"How tall are you?" My mom asks Shawn.

"I'm six-feet-two." He tells her.

"Do you know how short my daughter is?"

"No, sir."

"She's five-feet!" He laughs, banging a hand on the table as he throws his head back.

I glare at my dad as he laughs. "You don't know how low I have to bend just to kiss her." Shawn laughs.

"Okay, we get it. I'm short." I say.

Their laughter dies as we start eating.

"So, Shawn, what do you do for a living?" Mom asks him. I glance up and see that the question has caught my dads interest.

"I'm a personal trainer." He says. "I also box."

"You box?" My dad asks, looking back and forth at Shawn and I, wondering if it's true.

"He does." I add.

"Isn't that a little...dangerous?" He asks Shawn.

"For my opponents. I'm undefeated." Shawn smiles.

"Does Jasmine go to these fights of yours?"

"She's only gone to one, and that was when we weren't dating. But any other fight I have, I make her stay in a different room."

"What about your education?" My mom asks Shawn as she takes a sip of her water.

"I'm about to take my Bar Exam in a couple of months." Shawn replies. I glance at my father and his eyes spark up.

"You want to be a Lawyer?" He asks him.

"A litigator." Shawn adds. "My father is one, so it's kind of been a dream of mine to be one, too."

Shawn and my father start talking about Law and the whole time they are, I catch myself starting at Shawn. He's concentrated with my father as they talk about cases and how they would have handled them. Just the way Shawn talks about it...he's passionate.

Wait, is this what my mother meant? I think to myself. I'm captivated by Shawn. Do I love him?

"Jasmine, why don't you go paint Shawn?" I come from my thoughts and look at my mother.

"Huh?" I ask her.

"You paint?" Shawn asks me. I turn to look at him.

"Not really." I shrug.

"Honey, go show him your rooms." My mom urges me with a sweet smile on her face.

"Rooms?" Shawn asks me. "Wait, you paint?"

"She draws." My father corrects him. "Show him, Princess."

I sigh and take the towel off my lap before looking over at Shawn. "Can I draw you?"

xxx

Hello! Sorry I have not updated in forever! I had terrible writers block and I was also busy with POM's! But I have some good news: I made a tumblr about Shawn! It's called "dirtymendes" and you can go and follow or just simply keep up with the blog! Of course, there's smut on there and some fluff! But all in all it's great and you all should come and follow!! Next chapter should be pretty good and maybe steamy.
Again, sorry for the long wait!

Xoxo, lushhippie