fifteen

An hour later, Shawn and I were still swimming in the pool. He dared me to get on the diving board and do a flip followed by a spin.

"Dating a former cheerleader" - Shawn said as I swam towards him after coming off the diving board, - "that's something."

As I reached him, he placed his hands on my thighs and wrapped them around his torso and I placed my hands on his shoulders.

"What are we gonna do tonight?" Shawn asked me as he slowly leaned in.

"Sleep," I reply.

"You wanna sleep?" His lips are on my neck.

"Shawn!" Someone calls out. Shawn quickly lets go of me and I fall into the deep water. I come up from below and see that Jack is at the door.

"What?" Shawn calls back. I jump on Shawn's back, hoping he would fall under water, but he doesn't even budge.

"Chinese is here!" Jack informs us.

"Be right there." Jack goes back inside the house and Shawn goes under water, taking me down with him. While under water, I let go and swim as fast as I can to the rail. Shawn has already beat me and is sitting on the stairs, blocking me from exiting the pool.

"Move!" I splash him with water. He laughs and splashes me back by kicking water with his feet. "Do I have to climb on you?" I grumble as I start to climb on him.

Shawn places his hands on my waist and stops me, forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"That'd be nice." He smirks. I hit his arm playfully and get out the pool and grab my towel. I ruffle the towel through my hair and dry it as much as I can before placing my shorts on. Shawn grabs my towel and quickly wipes his torso dry.

I walk ahead of him and he slaps my butt from behind. It's a bit painful, causing me to wince and scream out. He laughs as he opens the door for me.

"I'm taking your fortune cookie!" I grit.

***

"Do we really have to watch this movie?" Shawn is groaning on the couch.

We are inside his house and watching Netflix. After we showered - separately, much to Shawn's dismay ("I've gone down on you already! It's not gonna matter!") - we decided to watch movies. Shawn made me watch some horror movie that really frightened me, so now I wanted to watch a funny movie to somewhat erase the horrifying images from my mind. I click on my favorite movie, Legally Blonde, and turn back to look at Shawn.

"Yes! You made me watch that scary movie so no you're gonna have to watch this movie with me." I tell him as I walk to the couch and put my legs on his lap.

The movie starts and I take the popcorn from Shawn and start eating it. For the first twenty minutes of the film, Shawn's hand moves up and down my leg, then goes above my knee, and then to the end of my shorts, where he slowly creeps his fingers up.

I watch him and he's relaxed on the couch, pretending to watch the movie.

"Shawn?" I ask. He turns to look at me and I grab his hand from my shorts and place it back on my lower leg.

Five minutes later, he starts again.

"Shawn!" I giggle.

"Jasmine!" He moans out. He pounces on top of me, causing the popcorn to fall off and kernels spill onto the floor. His lips are on mine and he has his hands at my thighs.

"What about the movie?"

"I'd rather watch you for two hours." he says as he kisses down to my neck.

"Ew, shut up." I laugh as he still kisses me.

He stops and I stop laughing. Shawn looks me in the eyes and helps me sit up. As I rise, he places me on his lap and gives me one more kiss.

"My mom wants to meet you." I whisper against his lips.

"Can I meet her?" He replies.

"Yeah," I nod.

"Okay." he whispers back, leaning in to kiss me once more.

We ignore the movie playing in the back and kiss until our lips feel sore. Eventually, the both of us got to his bed and slept. He gave me one of his shirts to wear and it hung lower that my shorts.

At three in the morning, I awoke. Shawn was still asleep and I quietly exited his house to go into the other house. Jack was sitting on the couch watching The Virgin Suicides - Paige's favorite movie. He's not even watching the movie. His eyes are starring ahead but are no where near focused on the film.

"Jack?"

He turns to me. "What are you doing up?"

"I want to talk to you." I sit down on the couch next to him.

"Paige told you, huh?" He asks me.

"Yes, she did. But I want to hear your side."

"Jasmine, you know why-"

"A person who knows what they want in life isn't selfish." I start out. "They're ambitious. Paige knows what she wants for her future. Just because she's planning her career out - like she's done since Freshman Year of high school - doesn't make her selfish."

"Paige is moving away to Chicago with you. She and I have been dating for your years. And you're taking her away from me. Like that!" Jack snaps his fingers. "What am I to do?"

"You got accepted to all the Universities you applied to in Illinois. Do you not realize that you can attend either one and live with Paige and I? Jack, she and I have talked about this. I told her that if you two are still a couple after we graduate, you can live with us." I tell him. He thinks and starts to breathe slowly and deeply.

"I'm sorry." He says.

"I don't think you should be apologizing to me." I say.

"You're right." Jack reaches for his phone but I stop him.

"She's asleep; she works an early shift tomorrow and has to work on an applicant essay."

"Jasmine, thank you for this talk." We get up and hug.

"You two are so stubborn and stupid." I grin. "But, in the end, you both always manage to work out together."

"Thank you." He says. I head to the door but stop.

"Jack, can you do me a favor?" I ask.

"Sure."

"Don't tell Shawn I'm moving to Chicago."

this chapter was ehh, but next chapter should be better.