sixty-one

After what we did in the attic, we both took turns getting rid of the paint on the others body with a wash cloth and water. Then we got dressed and silently crept back into our bedrooms at three in the morning. And about five minutes after that, I snuck into the guest bedroom and crept in the bed with Shawn.

"Couldn't get enough of me upstairs?" He jokes.
"Oh, shut up," I reply, pinching his arm.

"Ow!" He winces. "You know, for someone who confessed their love me, you sure are abusive."
"Shawn, shut up and kiss me."

And from 3:06 to 3:50, we had yet another quiet love making session. At 6:30, I awoke to take a shower and remove the paint from my body. Shawn stepped in after me and showered. As he showered, I brushed my teeth.

Shawn hummed a song in the shower and I stopped brushing for a brief moment to listen. I was reminded of that night in Canada when he sang outside in the wee hours.

xxx

"Okay, I'm all packed." I huff after stuffing my suitcase. The dress was carefully packed into the suitcase along with a pair of shoes I was indecisive about.

"Want to bring this along?" Shawn steps further into the bedroom. I turn and see him holding the bed sheet from the attic. He walks over and extends the sheet for me to see.

The blue from his body and the yellow of mine merged together to become green. Hand prints from blue, finger smears from yellow, and a blur of green. To be honest, it looked like a masterpiece.

Instead of being flushed with embarrassment, I found myself starting at it in awe. On this sheet, I had confessed my love for him. The confession flew from my lips and became prints of our body. I stretch my hand and touch at the paint. You really couldn't tell that the cause of this was two people having sex.

"I like it," I whisper to myself.
"Are you going to keep it?" Shawn asks me.

Keep it. Have something to remember him when you're in Chicago.

"Yeah," I nod. "I'm gonna keep it."

Shawn and I began to fold the sheet just as my father knocked on the door.

"We're leaving," he said.
"Okay," I tell him. "We'll be right down."

He walks out and Shawn and I finish folding the bed sheet. I stuff it underneath my bed in a box along with my art supplies.

"Ready?" Shawn asks me.
"Yeah," I nod.

I grab my suitcase and Shawn grabs his, and together we walk out the house and into our cab. The cab would be me and Shawn, while Chandler and Chloe had theirs and my mother and father had theirs.

"So what's your family like?" Shawn asks me. He places his hand on top of mine and I gnaw on my lip.

"Okay, so you need to know," I say. "I'm mixed. My moms side is Colombian and my dads side is, well, they're just white."

Shawn lets out a little laugh causing me to slightly giggle. "And? What's that got to do?"

"Oh, a whole lot!" I say.

"Like? Lay it all on me." He says.

I turn to him and raise an eyebrow. "Lay it all on you? Shawn, you couldn't handle my family."