eighty-two

"Jasmine! Wake your hung over ass up!" The door to my room pounds and I stir around in the bed only to realize that there's a body over mine.

I open my eyes and see Shawn, shirtless, as he has his head against my chest and his arms around me. As hard as I try, I can't remember what the hell happened last night. It's all in random events that seem to blur inside my mind. I remember Shawn, completely wasted, in my room saying we should talk, but then everything is just black.

"If you don't wake up, I'm gonna have to stand in your place as Maid of Honor. I'm not complaining though, cause I would look good in your dress." Chandler says.

"I'll be right there." I say in a very raspy and itchy voice. Oh god! Did I puke? Did I shout last night? What the hell did I do last night?

"Shawn?" I say as I place my hand on his naked shoulder. Gently, I shake him. He groans and I shake him again. "Um, Shawn?"

"What?" He asks in his deep morning voice, his eyes still shut.

"I have to leave."

"Okay?"

"Well, you're on top of me."

Shawn opens his eyes and his grip loosens around my body as he rolls off of me. He lies on his back and palms his eyes as he stretches his legs out. I sit up in the bed, my head pounding tremendously, and look around the room. On the floor are our clothes, scattered. Did we have sex? I look under the covers and see that I'm in my underwear, bra, and wearing the shirt Shawn wore last night.

I look over at my phone and check the time - 9:17 a.m. Nerves roll through me for a split second when I realize that tonight is the fight. I turn to say something to him, but change my mind. He was most likely still upset about last night and didn't want to hear anything. Instead I get out of bed and change into a pair of shorts and a baggy tee shirt. Shawn sits up in the bed and looks at his phone.

I grab my phone and head to the door and open it, stop and turn around. "Shawn?" He turns and looks at me, no sign of anger, but it could still be too early to tell. "I'm gonna be busy the whole day and I don't when else I'll be able to tell you this, but from the bottom of my heart, I love you so much and I didn't mean to hurt you. Shawn, I'm so fucking sorry."

His lips part and he looks to be in a train of thought. I close the door and step out, leaving him to be with his thoughts.

x x

"Jasmine, put your face mask on." One of the makeup artists says to me as I exit the bathroom after just showering. The white fuzzy robe warms my body as there's slight chaos going on in the hotel suite.

Angela was having her brows cleaned, Katy, who was knocked out, was getting her pedicure fixed white Caitlyn was doing her best to make sure that Katy wouldn't throw up. Selma was outside on the terrace with a face mask on and a glass of orange juice in her hand. I put on the white face mask and then head out to the terrace with her.

"There's the blushing bride." I say.

"I would smile at you if I could," Selma replies. Her black hair was in a slicked back bun at the top of her head. She sips from the straw and I look out at the view she was looking at. The ceremony was in the process of being constructed. The florists and wedding planner were talking as they looked to be figuring out some things.

"How do you feel?"

"Numb."

"Is that good or bad?"