XV

Today was my mom's birthday, she would've been fifty-eight today

Today was my mom's birthday, she would've been fifty-eight today. I went to the cemetery she was buried to put flowers on her grave, the flowers were her favorite color, Blue. I placed them in front of her headstone.

"Mom, There is so much to tell you," I said, looking at her headstone. "Some good and bad things have happened since you passed away." I felt tears come to my eyes. "Tobias, Clyde, and I all moved in together but you knew that before you passed away, Felix came down to visit, he brought his roommate, Crystal, She's a very nice girl, Very pretty too, you would've loved her, She reminds me of you." I wiped my eyes. "I gave her your ring, I knew she would take good care of it, Dad misses you so much, and I do too, Mom, It still hurts after so many years, Speaking of Dad, Him and I barely talk anymore, I know you didn't want that to happen but it did." I felt tears running down my face. "I tried to kill myself three times since you passed away, I know, I should've never done it but I did and I hate myself for it, I could just hear you right now, Kennedy, I raised you better than that." I laughed a little at what I just said. "I really wish you were around still, I'm trying not to cry, Mom, but it still hurts."

"Kennedy?"

I turned around. "Crystal?"

"What are you doing here?" Kennedy asked, wiping his eyes

"What are you doing here?" Kennedy asked, wiping his eyes. "Felix told me you would be here." I replied, "What's wrong?"

"Just putting flowers on my mom's grave." He got up from the ground, itching his nose a little, before looking at me.

His eyes were bloodshot. "Were you crying?"
He quickly looked down when I asked that. "No, why would I be?"
"You just told me you're putting flowers on your mother's grave, of course you would be crying."
Kennedy nodded. "Yeah, you're right on that."
"It's okay to cry, it shows you were being strong for so long." I said, he nodded. "I know, I know."

"Do you know?" I asked, "You're not weak if you cry, I seen you cry before." Kennedy looked at me, his eyes were glossy with tears. "You're right, Crystal, you're so right."
"By the way, where did you get this ring at?" I showed my hand that had the ring on it. "The ring was my mother's." Kennedy informed, "I knew it would be in good hands if I gave it to you." I blushed. "And the other gifts you gave me, how did you know they were my favorite scents?"
"Well, Felix helped me on that one."
I laughed a little at that. "Felix knows you very well."

"Well, he is my roommate, how about the chocolate, how did you know that I liked that kind?"
"Felix."
"I knew it." We both laughed. "He can read you like a book."
"Seems like it."
"He is, Felix can be a pain, but he's a good company to have around."
"For sure."

"What are they doing?" Clyde said, we were  spying on Crystal and Kennedy, well, I wouldn't  call it spying, we were looking

"What are they doing?" Clyde said, we were spying on Crystal and Kennedy, well, I wouldn't call it spying, we were looking. "I don't know why we have to do this, they aren't doing anything." Tobias sighed, "And if they were, why have sex in a cemetery?"
Clyde and I both looked at him. "What?"

"That's probably not the reason."
"What would be the reason?"
"Do you guys know what today is?"
"Today's Mrs. Wilson's birthday."
Kennedy's mother's birthday was today, and I forgot all about it.
When Hillary's birthday came around, it always was a hard time for Kennedy, he missed his mom terrible and wish she was still alive, but she wasn't which broke Kennedy's heart.
"She would've been fifty eight today."
"What are they doing, look!" Clyde said, the three of us looked and saw Crystal hugging Kennedy, who seemed to be upset.

"They're hugging, Dumbass." Tobias replied, smacking Clyde in the head. "Ouch!"
We saw that Kennedy and Crystal looked and the three of us jumped down.

"That was close." I said
"Yeah, that was close, they would've killed us if they saw us." Clyde replied.
"True." Tobias answered back.

"What are you guys doing?" We looked up to see Kennedy and Crystal, looking back at us. "Uh, we were...." I couldn't think of a reason. "Pinecone hunting!" Clyde replied.
"Thanks for saving our asses." I thought to myself.

"Yes, they say this time of the year, pine cones are huge and I'm making something for Christmas." Tobias said, going along on what Clyde said. "That needed pinecones."
Crystal crossed her arms and Kennedy raised an eyebrow at us. "You guys are just weird." Kennedy replied, "for a minute, I thought you guys were spying on us."
"What, us spying no." I said, "Well, look at the time, we should be on our way."

I grabbed Clyde and Tobias by the arm and walked away.

"God dammit, Clyde, you had to say ouch when Tobias hit you, didn't you?" I thought to myself, while we walked home.
"Blow our cover, why don't cha!"

𝓜𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓯𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼46

𝓔𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂