VIII

I still couldn't believe that Clyde beat me up as he did

I still couldn't believe that Clyde beat me up as he did. I know I did some stupid stuff but he didn't have to take it that far. I know I should've never kissed Crystal right in front of Kennedy, I know, I should've never done that but I was drunk, She was pretty, who am I kidding, She's always pretty, she just kissed me back and then Kennedy came out on the porch, catching us both. I really didn't think he was going to try to commit suicide over it, but when Felix told me that Kennedy tried to kill himself again the day it happened, I was shocked to hear that he did it again, even if he had stitches in his arms, he cut himself again.

The room probably looked like a massacre had happened in there after he was done since he cut threw his stitches. I couldn't imagine how much pain Kennedy was in when he did that.

How come he didn't scream out? Did he not want any of us to hear him? I knew I haven't been the best to Kennedy, I knew deep down in my heart, that I wasn't.

I was just jealous of him and Crystal talking all the time and having the best time doing so. I was jealous, why was I jealous of my best friend? Then Clyde beat me up in front of the hospital. He blooded my mouth and made my nose bleed, I didn't blame him for beating me up. I deserved it.

I deserved all the things I went threw; Getting beaten up by Clyde for example, But my backstory was different. Yes, I know, I have said, I had bulimia when I was a teenager, but this is why I am the way I am.

My full name is Tobias John Johnson, I was born to Essdale and Sandy Johnson. My father left when I was a kid, well, when I was two, it was a year in a half after my younger sister, Amara was born, when he decided he wanted to leave. My mum was left to raise me and my sister, she tried her hardest when Amara and I were younger, I was a good kid, and never got into trouble, so, My mum decided to move us to America, I was only in the fourth grade when I moved; That's where I met Kennedy.

He and I have known each other for a long time more than I think about it. I also met Clyde too. We all basically grew up together, but we were different ages though. Clyde turned twenty-nine in June, Kennedy turned twenty-eight in January and I turned twenty-seven in April. I was the youngest of the three of us.

When we got into sixth grade, we met Felix, who, at the time, was an eighth grader. He was the oldest of the four of us, so, he was thirteen, Clyde was twelve, Kennedy was eleven and I was ten. I was the youngest I didn't care, I liked my friend group, don't get me wrong.

When Clyde, Kennedy, and I all were in eighth grade, Felix went to high school, we didn't see him until our freshmen year. He was overjoyed when he saw us for the first time, the first thing he said was, "Damn, Tobias, you're getting tall." Did I mention I was the shortest of the four of us? Well, I am, and they all used to pick on me about it, on second thought, Clyde and Felix did but Kennedy never did, he was the quiet one of the four of us, and he never talked. The only time I saw him speak was when we spoke to him or when he was called on by one of our teachers.