Sports Festival: Part 1: family watches son get blown up on live television

After 2 weeks of preparing, the Sports Festival was about to start. And just like every year, the first years would be the first ones out followed by the second years and finally the third year stage.

And that is why the whole class of 1-A was waiting inside a room as the arena was being prepared for them. Everyone in the class had changed into their matching physical education suits.

"I don't understand why we can't wear our costumes," Mina complained, tugging at the UA jumpsuit near her neck. "I wanted to be cuter."

"Our costumes have a lot of upgrades or support items to help out our quirk. With this, we can keep everything fair," Ojiro answered her, his tail swishing behind him to pick up his bottled water from the ground.

"I'm going to do my best. I'm going to do my very best," Uraraka chanted to herself in a corner.

Izuku could barely hear her from his spot next to his brother. He glanced over to see his brother pushing back his bangs from his eyes. Izuku reached up to his own hair to feel the sides from where his curls were shaved down. It still felt a bit weird especially since it was growing back pretty fast.

"Are you going to take out your earring?" Izuku asked Shoto who was swigging down water from a pastel yellow thermos that Fuyumi gave him.

Shoto gulped down the last mouthful of water before answering, "Of course I am. It will be a weak point in fighting if I don't."

Izuku nodded and took a sip from his own thermos when he heard Yoarashi yell in excitement behind them. "I cannot wait to fight with and against all of you!"

"Me too, man! I'm pumped for this," Kaminari replied cheerfully, his white undershirt showing through his unzipped top.

"I wonder what the first round will be." Rikido wondered out loud with a thoughtful look on his face as his gaze traveled upwards. Shoji shrugged with all of his armlike appendages.

"Brother."

Izuku whipped his head from watching Kirishima having a flex fight against Yoarashi back to his brother. "What with the formal greeting? And what's with the serious face? Are you hungry? Angry?" Izuku raised his eyebrows with a pout which made Shoto's serious expression crack. "Hangry? You need some cold soba, Sho-Chan?"

"I—" Shoto bit down on his laugh like he was holding back laughter. "I'm trying to challenge you."

"You're doing a terrible job," Izuku chuckled, pushing at his brother while ignoring his brother, batting his arm away from him like a cat. "If you want to challenge me, do it right. Get a gauntlet and throw it down."

The class representatives were waiting near the door with Iida drinking orange juice and Yaoyouruzu was reviewing her small notebook.

As everyone made small talk amongst their classmates, a speaker above the room's door announced for the first years to come to the arena floor.

Yoarashi cheered at the news while Yaoyoruzu had an excited gleam in her eyes but a serious look on her face, "We will be entering soon! Everyone, let's get prepared!"

Izuku looked over to his brother who was immediately taking out his piercing in a hurry, placing it down on the bench under them. They both rose from the bench and followed after their classmates.

Shoto glanced over at him with a small smile, "Are you ready for this?"

"Hell yeah," Izuku replied.

*

"Hello, audience! The UA Sports festival is about to begin! YEAH! Are you ready?!" Present Mic questioned loudly to the roaring crowd who was on the edge of their seats. Eraserhead was right next to him in a chair covered in bandages as his co-host. They were seated above the entire stadium in the speaker booth, overlooking the floor beneath them. "It's time for the first-year students to enter the stage!"