First Round of Battles (Izuku POV)

Izuku looked up at the seats where his brother was watching with a hand over his mouth to keep him from laughing. Which he could understand since he was stuck upside in the air with Hatsume holding his feet.

When Hatsume asked for him to help, he agreed since he knew the supporter class needed this opportunity to shine and show off their gadgets. He wasn't expecting to be treated like a rag doll model.

He was thankful that at least one of his brothers was trying to be quiet at his suffering.

Natsuo's booming laughter echoed over the crowd while the sound of Touya thumping the cup holder to try and hold it in. Tenko looked like he was trying, but his hands were on the sides of his face instead of over his mouth. 

Fuyumi was batting at their brother's arm like she was trying to keep him from laughing so hard.

Hatsume's voice yelled out to the crowd filled with heroes and students, "And let me guide your attention to the net!"

"The what?!" Izuku shouted in response.

He fell through the air when she let go only to be swept up into a very strong net that Hatsume was holding from a gun. Then all he could hear was Touya's hyena-like laughter piercing through the air.

He really hoped his mom and his auntie-mom weren't too worried.

"Wow, this is great. Hopefully she doesn't just throw me out of the circle while I'm stuck in here," Izuku mumbled while Hatsume gently lowered the net down to the ground. With a quick thwip, Izuku was released from her invention.

"And that's all the babies I have to show today! Thank you!" Hatsume yelled out to the audience as she spun around in a circle to address all of them. "Don't forget the name Hatsume Mei!"

Izuku coughed as Hatsume didn't even hesitate to step over the white line with a grin. Midnight called out that she had surrendered and that he would go on to the next round.

Izuku picked himself up from the ground and slowly made his way back to the stands. Shoto greeted him with a smile that was almost hidden by his hand. The scar over his eye did nothing to hide the hint of mirth at the edge of his eyes.

"Did you have fun in your first battle?" Shoto asked with a raised eyebrow.

"What part of that seemed fun to you?" Izuku gestured with his hand making his brother laugh under his breath. He pouted at his brother's failed attempt. "It felt like the time I got on that ride at the amusement park."

"Yeah, I remember. You cried on me after you got off then Tenko got you some mochi," Shoto pursed his lip then paused. Izuku glanced to see the next battle was starting with Kaminari facing Shinso "Then Touya almost threw up after he tried to do it."

The memory of that amusement park flooded into his head with the vision of his dad winning a huge bear for his mother and Fuyumi being great at the carnival games. His mind melted into the memory of Fuyumi exiting flawlessly out of the dangerous ride with Touya looking queasy behind her. "Yet Fuyumi was fine."

"Yeah she was. I think Natsuo and Toga were in bumper cars around that time." Shoto brushed back his bangs when the buzzer went off. They both looked up to see Kaminari immediately turn around and walk out of bounds.

Shoto whistled as the round ended with Midnight calling Shinso Hitoshi as the winner. "Wow. That didn't last long."

Izuku looked closer to see how confused Kaminari became as soon as his foot stepped over the line. He felt himself grin as Shinso slowly walked out of the stadium. Shinso had a good chance of making it farther as long as his opponents kept talking to him.