Midoriya vs Shinso (Izuku POV)

The second round started fairly quickly right after the first round ended. And the first round of battles was Bakugo going against Kirishima.

Izuku wouldn't lie that he was rooting hard for Kirishima to win, especially since his defensive quirk can actually stand against Bakugo's explosions.

And so was Shoto. Shoto told him directly that he would be rooting for anyone going up against Bakugo. They were both bummed that Uraraka lost the battle last round even though her super move was so great.

Unfortunately, Kirishima's quirk had a limit to how many explosions he could take. Especially with Bakugo hitting him with one explosion after another with almost no pauses near the very end. With the power of the explosions, Kirishima started to slide towards out of bounds.

Until it was all over when Midnight called out that Bakugo Katsuki had won the battle since their red-haired peer had crossed the line.

"Ugh," Shoto groaned as Bakugo's smug face got portrayed over the television screen. He rolled his eyes after Bakugo lit his palms with small pops of explosion.

Izuku nodded in sympathy, patting his brother's shoulder as Cementoss started fixing the arena yet again so soon after Uraraka and Bakugo's match. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Yaoyorozu talking with Jiro with an upset expression.

He pursed his lips at that. Maybe she was still a bit upset that she lost her battle round. Thinking quickly, he spoke up to cheer her up. "Yaoyorozu, you did awesome out there."

She looked up in surprise then waved off his compliment. "Oh no. I was terrible. I completely froze up when I knew I could have done better."

"Come on, you still did amazing keeping up with Dark Shadow. If anything, a little more time would have worked in your favor."

Shoto glanced over to her as well with a nod. "You had a good plan."

Momo smiled at their words, the disappointed slouch of her shoulders raising a bit at their praise.

"Speaking of, what exactly are the limits of your quirk?" Izuku could hear his brother mumble 'here we go' under his breath. "Could you make something similar to the hardness of a diamond as a weapon and use that in battle? Could you technically make any weapon as long you know what it's made of?"

"I—" Momo paused, then frowned. "I mean technically I can make anything that's not organic as long as I know what it's composed of. Although it just depends on the size since my quirk takes from the fats in my body to make it."

"Hmm. I'll get back to you with some ideas I have." Momo looked focused so he quickly changed the subject before she could ask what he meant. "Do you have a favorite tea?"

"Ohh!" Her expression brightened considerably at his question. "Yes, I love drinking the mixes curated from the nearby tea house. My favorite is the green tea that is mixed with flower petals." She paused in her rambling to slow her words down yet the sparkle in her eyes didn't dim. "It's similar to the ones that were prepared for me back in my old school."

"Are we talking about our old schools? Because, oh my god, I have some fond memories about mine," Mina chimed in, poking her head between them with Hagakure following behind her.

Momo chuckled behind her hand. "I have fond memories as well. What was your school like?"

Mina replied with a smile. "I had a lot of friends there. I also was co-leader of the school's dance club. And fun fact! Kirishima actually went to the same one as me."

"I think I saw Koda at mine but he was in another classroom," Hagakure piped up.

Mina turned her black and yellow eyes towards him. "How about you two?"