Why Should I?

Midoriya Shoto had always known he was going to fight Bakugo. And he had run through all of the possibilities of what he was going to do before, after and during the fight.

When he was little, he imagined the dirtiest of tricks to battle against the blonde. Throwing dirt in his eyes and pushing ice down his pants to make him really really uncomfortable. Saying things like how he was a mean person who had no makings of a hero or simple insults on his rapid Pomeranian looks.

Shoto and Izuku learned basic defensive and offensive moves from his brothers when they were in UA. Then Shoto started imagining beating Bakugo with nothing but his fists with no quirk. To see just how mad Bakugo would get from him using neither of his powers to defeat him.

Then things developed more in middle school when he was learning more tricks thanks to his older brothers and training his quirk even more. How he would defeat that worthless bully with both of his quirks and end it in less than a minute. And taunt him by showing him that he wasn't the best at the school and he would never be.

How Shoto could push him to the limit of each of his quirks giving him frostbite and then hitting him with his flames to give him third degree burns.

On those kinds of days, he had to steer clear of Bakugo and stick close to his brother to calm down those kinds of thoughts.

And now Shoto was standing on the other side of a school sanctioned battle arena with the blonde staring him down.

He could hear his family encouraging yells from the stands along with the ones from both his brother and sister from their areas

"Midoriya Shoto and Bakugo Katsuki are the final two. Whoever wins this fight is the winner of the UA Sports Festival. YEAH!" Present Mic yelled out over the speakers. His voice drowned out the excited screams from the stands. "Are you excited?!"

The audience cheered, bouncing their feet in their seats to create an echoing rumble that filled the arena with anticipation.

Shoto could barely focus on Midnight's voice taking over the loudspeakers. The only thing he could do was glare at the blonde. He had years to think about this fight, thinking over what points he would need to hit the hardest.

He had this opportunity to show the blonde exactly what has been holding back all these years.

He zoned back in once Midnight started the countdown, her sultry voice echoing over the arena to the barely hidden excitement of the crowd.

3...

Bakugo's hands crackled with mini firecracker explosions. His blazing red eyes dug into him.

2...

Shoto felt the chill and the warmth growing in his palms. He fixed his own gaze on the blonde, glaring at him with all the hatred he had buried deep for many years.

1!

Bakugo launched forward with an explosion, propelling him straight towards him. Shoto grit his teeth, allowing his warm and cool side to envelop him for the next moves he had to pull off.

He formed an ice wall around him right as Bakugo got close to make the blonde slam into the glacier. He slipped out of the ice wall blockade before Bakugo could break through to get to him.

Shoto kept his eyes open for the blonde as he did a copy of the trick he used with Iida. Icing the ground in front of him as he skated to get away. Bakugo saw him quickly, firing off into the air to get a high vantage point.

Ah. He must be doing his little twister move he did for Inasa's battle against him.

Shoto watched Bakugo in the wispy cloud of smoke until a fiery ball of fire went straight for him. Stomping his foot on the ground, ice rose around him like a frozen ocean wave that cupped the ball of fire before it could touch him.