Chapter 19

After we got back from Germany Elvis was thrown back into the craziness of Hollywood. The Colonel promised Elvis that he would get more serious roles, but he lied once again. G.I Blues was like all the other movies Elvis has done. I could tell Elvis was upset with the Colonel, but I know he wouldn't stand up to him on his own. He gets really defensive when I bring up how the Colonel takes advantage of him. I know that he wants to but he also feels like he owes him for getting him his career. I know that if Gladys was still alive she would have been upset with the Colonel and she would have forced Elvis to stand up for himself. God, I wish she was still here. Ever since we got married, I have had to play the role of wife and mom for Elvis. I love him with all of my heart, but that's a lot to put on one person.
    While Elvis films I stay in the trailer with the guys. They really want Elvis to record more of his own music and not just music for the movies. Elvis doesn't want to hear it. He thinks that if he puts his all into the movies, the Colonel will let him tour again. We all know that won't happen.
    The guys and I are sitting outside the trailer talking and singing. They think I should start recording music as well, they think I could be big. "Lily, I'm serious, I think you should send in a track to RCA. They loved that duo you and Elvis did. The Colonel shouldn't have told Elvis it wouldn't be good for his career. I think it would make him even bigger." Red said as he took a sip of his beer.
    "Red, I've told you I can't. What am I going to do if I do somehow get big and start touring? I can't leave Elvis, he relies on me too much. I can't just leave and tour the world by myself." I say.
    "Lily, you need to do something that makes you happy. I know you love Elvis, but you can't worry about him so much." Vernon said patting my shoulder.
    "I can't help it, I love him and I'm sad when I'm not around him and I worry about what the Colonel will do if I leave. You know how much he hates that Elvis and I are married." I sighed
    "Fuck the Colonel, we would watch after Elvis. But I do think that you and Elvis could tour together. I think you should release that duo and you could open for him. The fans love you guys together, they would love to see you both on stage." Billy said. He has always been so sweet to me.
    "You know I would love to do that, but that could never happen, that would mean the Colonel would be my manager, then he would take even more money from us." I said. I glanced over and saw Elvis walking up. "Don't bring this up around Elvis, he doesn't need to talk work right now." They all shook their heads and stopped talking. Elvis walked up and went straight to me. He walked behind me and hugged me.
    "Hi baby" he kissed the top of my head. "Will you come into the trailer with me for a second?" He asked.
    "Of course baby." He helped me up and lead me to the trailer.
    "Can you guys give us some time, I've had a long day and I just want to be with Lily." Elvis said to the guys, they nodded and continued talking. We walked into the trailer.
    "Are you ok baby?" I asked hugging him. She held me tight.
    "I'm just exhausted and I'm tired of the Colonel, he doesn't listen to me." He let go of me and paced around. "You remember him telling me that I could have a break after the move comes out so we could go on vacation for your birthday?" I nodded, great another let down from the Colonel. "He just told me that I have to start filming another movie." He looked so tired and disappointed. "I'm sorry baby, I really wanted us to have some time for ourselves." He said down on the couch. I walked over and sat on his lap.
    "Baby, it's not your fault. I know how he is. You know that I would have loved to go away with you but we will still be together. I don't care where I am for my birthday, as long as I'm with you." I kissed his cheek.
    "I know honey, I'm just frustrated." I laid my head on his head and played with his hair.
    "I know" I paused and thought about bringing up how he should leave the Colonel, but I knew Elvis was already upset, I didn't want to upset him even more. We sat there for a little, just talking and enjoying the alone time. Elvis pulled me closer and kissed my cheek.
    "You know, we haven't been alone like this in a while, I think we should take advantage of this." He smiled at me.
    "And how are we going to do that?" I asked playfully. He laughed and picked me up.
    "Oh you know exactly how." He carried me to our room. He laid me on the bed and kissed me. I giggled and unbuttoned his shirt. He took off my dress and kissed my chest. "God, I love you so much Lily." He kissed me again and took off my underwear. He slid his finger inside me and kissed me again. I giggled and kissed him back. Our door slammed open, I grabbed the blankets and covered my naked body. Elvis turned around and saw the Colonel standing there. "What the hell are you doing? Get out of here!" Elvis screamed. The Colonel stood there and glared at Elvis.
    "What are you doing boy? You are supposed to be reading lines, not fondling some girl. Get to work Elvis." The Colonel said still standing there. I laid in bed still covering myself. I saw Elvis stare at the colonel. His hand formed into a fist, I know he was angry. He walked over to the Colonel and stood right in his face.
    "Some girl? Lily is my God damn wife, I am allowed to make love with my wife. How dare you walk in here and call my wife some girl. Get the hell out of my trailer!" Elvis screamed. I heard the guys run into the trailer. "All of you get out! I said I needed time with my wife!" He screamed again. They all stared at Elvis and walked out. Elvis slammed the door and turned around to me. He was so angry. "Baby, I'm so sorry, are you ok?" He asked sitting next to me. I looked at him and sat up. I grabbed his hand.
    "Yes I'm fine, are you ok? I haven't seen you this mad in a long time." He looked at me and started crying. I pulled him into me and laid his head on my chest. "Oh Elvis honey"
    "I'm just so tired of not being treated like a human being. No one values my personal space. They think they can just come in and order me around. The Colonel also doesn't value our relationship and I'm tired of it." I hugged him and sighed.
    "I know baby, I know" he continued laying on me and eventually feel asleep. I really think I need to talk to him about leaving the Colonel.

..........................................................................................
Thank you for reading! Please let me know anything you would like me to include in the story. I want you guys to be involved in the writing process so I know what you guys enjoy reading.