Chapter 3

🎸Two days later🎸
Since Elvis has been here daddy has taken a liking to him, but he still doesn't like his music. Elvis has fit right into the family, he meets with his team during the day and comes back around dinner time. He plays the guitar and sings while mama and I make dinner or while I do the dishes. We talk a lot too, you wouldn't think that someone with good looks would also be polite, smart, kind and funny but he is. I can tell why all the girls like him.
Today is finally Friday, I got up fixed my hair, did my makeup and put on a white dress. I went downstairs to the kitchen to find mama making breakfast and daddy was reading the newspaper at the table. "Good mornin mama, daddy." I kissed both of their cheeks.
"Well good mornin darlin, why are ya so chipper this mornin?" Daddy asked smiling
"No reason, just a good mornin!" I smiled as I sat down at the table.
"No, she's been this way since Elvis got here, she hasn't stopped smiling since the first day he got here. She keeps humming those songs he sings to her all the time, I think someone has a crush!" Daniel teased from behind me. I turned and gave him a sour look.
"Stop it Daniel, I don't like Mr. Presley!" My face reddened
"Yeah ok" he laughed, I rolled my eyes, the doorbell rang.
"I got it!" David yelled. "Lily, someone is here for ya!" Who the heck is here for me? I got up and walked to the door, Larry was standing at the door, great.
"Um hi Larry." He smiled at me
"Hi Lily, I was uh wondering if I could uh walk ya to school." He said rubbing his neck
"Um s-" I was cut off.
"Oh there ya are Lily, are ya ready for me to drive ya to school?" Elvis asked from behind me, I turned and looked at him, where the heck did he come from? He came from the kitchen but he definitely wasn't in the kitchen.
"Who is this?"Larry asked
"Oh um Larry this is Mr. Presley he is stayin with us for a while, Mr. Presley this is Larry." They shook hands.
"Nice to meet ya Larry, now if ya don't mind I have to take Miss Lily to school." Elvis said leaning against the door frame.
"Well if ya don't mind Mr. Presley I was goin to walk Lily to school." Larry said standing up straight, trying to look tough.
"Actually I want to take her, especially since I have a car, I can make sure I get her there quickly and safely. Now come on Lily go get your things." Elvis turned towards me smiling, I agreed and ran to get my books; when I got back Larry was glaring at Elvis.
"Alright I'm ready Mr.Presley." I smiled at him.
"Then lets go darlin!" Elvis turned to Larry, "Nice to meet ya Larry." He said as he put his hand on my lower back leading me outside to his car. When he touched me it sent shivers down my spine. He opened my door, I got in and he closed the door. He walked to the driver side, got in the car and started it.
"Thank you for drivin me, but ya really don't have to." I said looking at him. He was focused on the road, his face was relaxed, he was really cute when he was focused.
"It's not a problem darlin, I know that boy bothers ya. Besides I have nothin to do this mornin" he smiled, "also I think we know each other well enough, you can stop callin me Mr. Presley." He added.
"Well then Elvis, can I ask ya somethin?"
"Of course honey" He smiled
"Were you in the kitchen before ya came and saved me?" I was worried he heard what Daniel was teasing me about.
"What do you mean?"
"Well when I looked back, you came from the kitchen." He laughed
"No, I wasn't in the kitchen, I was about to walk into the kitchen, but I heard you and Daniel talkin so I stayed back not wanting to intrude on family stuff." Panic entered my body, he for sure heard what we were talking about. I stared out the window not knowing what to say. "If ya are worried about me hearin that you hum my songs when I'm not around, and that you have a crush on me, don't worry about it." He smiled, my face reddened
"What do ya mean? I don't have a crush on you, I think ya missed the part where I said I didn't." I kept staring at the window so he wouldn't see me blushing.
"Yeah I heard that part, but I don't believe ya. I didn't need your brother to say you liked me for me to know." He smirked
"Oh really and why do ya say that?" I asked turning towards him.
"Well for starters when ya first saw me, ya dropped your books, only girls who like me react like that. Secondly I catch ya starin at me all the time, especially when ya think I'm not lookin. Third whenever I look, touch, sing or breath next to ya, your face turns red as a tomato." He laughed
"That doesn't mean I like ya, I'm shy, I always turn red and I'm just curious about ya that's why I stare at ya." I said as we pulled up to my car.
"Ok then If ya don't like me, then this won't effect ya." He leaned in and kissed my cheek, millimeters away from my lips, I force, but shook it off.
"See nothin! Thanks for the ride Elvis, I'll see ya later!" I got out of the car.
"See ya darlin!" He yelled out the window and drive off, I waved and turned towards the school. My friends, Mary and Abbie ran up to me.
"Who was that Lily? And why are ya so red?" Mary asked
"No one and I'm not red." I mumbled.
"Ok then keep your secret boy all to yourself." Abbie sighed jokingly.
"Will you two drop it!" I announced.
All day I kept thinking about Elvis, why did he kiss my cheek like that? Just to prove a point? Why does he even care if I like him? He had millions of girls chasing after him.
After school Mary Abbie and I walked out of the school together, there was a car parked at the curb, it looked familiar. Once we got closer the driver's side opened and a man walked out, it was Elvis.
"Hi darlin!" He walked to to passenger side and leaned against the car. Mary and Abbie stared at him shocked.
"Elvis what are ya doin? Are you tryin to attract a mob?" I asked quietly, he smiled back at me.
"Oh come on honey, I just wanted to pick ya up. No one will even notice me." He looked over at my friends, "Are ya goin to introduce me to your friends?" I rolled my eyes and turned towards them, they smiled back at me and fixed their dresses.
"These are my friends Mary and Abbie, girls this is Elvis. He is stayin with us while he is in Nashville."
"Hi Elvis!" They both said at the same time, I rolled my eyes and Elvis shook their hands.
"It's nice to meet you ladies but I have to get this girly home before Mrs. White worried about her." He smiled. What a lame excuse, I'm 18 mama hasn't worried about me coming home from school since I was little. Mary and Abbie brought me into a hug.
"You have a lot of explaining to do missy, call us later." Mary demanded.
"I will, bye girls!" I walked to the car, Elvis opened it and I climbed in. He waved to the girls and walked to his side, getting in smiling like he was proud of himself. "What was that?" I asked.
"What I just picked ya up, once again Savin ya from Larry walkin ya!" He smirked
"I'm fine with ya picking me up, but it was dumb if you gettin out. What is other girls saw ya?you could have been attacked and then people would find out you are stayin with us and our house will be surrounded." I angrily said
"Oh come on darlin, your overthinkin and beside only your friends saw me. Now calm down before you stress that pretty little head of yours even more." I blushed, the rest of the ride was quite. I really hope he forgot about trying to prove that I like him because I don't know how much longer I can hide it. He made me so nervous I don't know how much longer I can take it.
......................................................................................
Author's note: thanks for reading!! Please let me know if you like my story!