Chapter 13

I walked into the room, put my pajamas on and crawled into the bed and stared at my ring, it really was beautiful. Elvis is so amazing, I can't believe that we are actually going to get married. Elvis walked out of the bathroom and saw me staring at my ring, he laughed. "You know I've had that ring for a long time, I've almost proposed ten times, but every time something happens and it turns out to be a bad time." He laughed and sat in the edge of the bed, I got up and sat on his lap, wrapping an arm around his neck.
"And when exactly were those times huh?" I asked, he laughed and ran his finger along my knee.
"Well let's see, the first was when we were laying in that hotel room a few years back. I had the ring in my pocket but you said you were too young to get married, so I gave you my pinky ring instead. Then there was the day before I left for Germany, but we got into that argument and didn't talk all day. The day you got here, and a few times when we were just laying around here and Graceland." He laughed
"Well I'm glad you did it today." I pulled him closer and kissed him. "But sugar I want to talk to you about something."
"Ok baby what's up?" I looked into his eyes and took a deep breath.
"Why do you keep calling me Satnin?" I asked
"What are you talking about?"
"Well when you called me last year to tell me I could come to Germany, you called me Satnin and earlier you called me it again. I don't mind it I just want to know why? You only called Gladys Satnin." He looked at me and looked away.
"Mama used to call me that when I was little, then when I got older she stopped and I was kind of disappointed, so I started calling her Satnin. It's an important name for me, and you are important to me. If you want I won't do it anymore." He said softly, I grabbed his chin and made him look at me.
"No, you can call me whatever you want, I love the pet name. I was just wondering why you were using it." I smiled, he leaned over and kissed me passionately, he laid us on the bed and kept kissing me. I giggled and pushed his off of me. "Ok soldier, as much as I love this, it's time to go to bed. I have to wake up early and make sure daddy doesn't see me coming out of your room." He still hovered over me,
"Why?" He asked, I pointed my finger into his chest
"Cause you promised I would have my own room." He rolled his eyes and threw himself next to me on the bed.
"I'm pretty sure my fiancé can sleep in my room." He looked over me raising his eyebrow. I smiled and kissed his cheek.
"Yes but daddy doesn't need to know, now goodnight sugar." I covered my self with the blanket, Elvis sighed and engulfed me into his arms, I laid my head on his chest.
"Goodnight Satnin." He kissed my forehead, I listened to his heartbeat and slowly fell asleep in his arms.
                         🎸January 1960🎸
My parents stayed in Germany until New Years, it was nice having them around. Now Elvis' birthday is tomorrow, he is having a party with a bunch of the guys. Today I went out with Vernon and Dodger to get Elvis' presents. I got him a new watch and a hat.when we got back home vis was still at base, so we had a quick dinner and went into the living room to watch tv. I ended up falling asleep on the couch. I woke up to Elvis carrying me upstairs. "Hi sugar" I said quietly and nestled my head into his chest.
"Hi Satnin, sorry I'm late, I had to supervise some of the younger guys." He whispered and walked through the bedroom door.
"It's ok sugar, I understand." He later me on the bed and started taking off his uniform, I got up and walked over to the bathroom.
"Wait." Elvis whined, I turned towards him. "Please just come back to me and lay down." He whined again.
"Sugar I have to change, I'll be right back." I said, he threw the button up shirt he just took off at me.
"Here just put this on." He turned away from me "I won't look, I promise." I sighed knowing he wasn't going to give up. I faced away from him and unzipped my dress, I put the shirt over my shoulders. I started buttoning the shirt but Elvis put his hands on my shoulders and turned me around. He buttoned the rest of the buttons, once he got to my chest his fingers slightly ran across my skin, shivers went across my body. He just stared at me with his beautiful blue eyes and finished buttoning the shirt. "You look beautiful honey." He started to blush a little bit.
"I'm just wearing your shirt and I'm sure my hair looks a mess from sleeping on the couch." He didn't remove his eyes from my body and it made me a little self conscious, he bridges some hair out of my face.
"I don't know why but since it's my shirt, it's different, I really like the idea of you wearing my clothes. But I mean you always look beautiful, no matter matter what you wear." He wrapped his arms around my waist, I put my hand on his cheek rubbing my thumb along the redness of his face.
"You know Sugar, from the day I met you you've always had this power over me, making me blush and giving me butterflies. This is the first time I've seen you blush, it's actually kind of nice seeing Mr tough guy blush." I smiled and but my lip, picked me up and threw us on the bed.
"You always make me blush, I'm just really good at hiding it." He laughed and held me in his arms, I rested my head on his chest and listened to the vibrations from his laugh. We stayed quiet, just holding each other. "We should get married as soon as we get back." He said, I lifted my head and looked at him.
"Why?" I asked
"I can't wait any longer, I want you to be my wife. It doesn't have to be right away, but for sure before I have to start filming." I looked at him I couldn't wait for him to be my husband, he is so amazing.
"Ok sugar, we'll talk about this later, for now let's go to bed." I nestled back into him and fell asleep.
    The next day was Elvis' birthday, I woke up early to help make him his birthday breakfast. For his party a lot of the guys came over and they all brought a date. Elvis kept me by his side the whole night, he kept showing off the ring that he got me. He loved to entertain people so he played the piano and guitar all night. One of the guys brought a little girl named Priscilla, she was a huge fan of Elvis and wanted to meet him. Her daddy was a soldier and was stationed in Germany, they had just got to Germany. Elvis asked her a lot about what all the kids in America are listening to. They talked until Elvis got distracted by cake and ice cream, I sat over by Priscilla and had a little conversation with her. She noticed the ring on my finger, at first she seemed. A little bit but then congratulated me and stayed by my side the rest of the night. I didn't mind, it was nice to talk to another girl, I'm surrounded by guys all day.
    After a long night everyone left and went home,  Vernon and Dodger went off to bed. Elvis and I sat on the couch, he had a huge smile on his face as he played me a new song he was thinking of recording. After the song was over he looked over at me "Did you hear what that little girl was saying? She said that kids are still listening to my music even after I've been gone for so long." He beamed, I smiled, took the guitar out of his hands and sat on his lap.
"Of course they are sugar! You are so talented they would be crazy to forget about you!" He smiled and kissed me.
"Thanks baby! I sure am lucky to have you! So what did you think of the song?"
"I loved it! Do you think you could teach me how to play it?" I asked, he grabbed the guitar , pulled me closer to him and sat the guitar in my lap.
"Anything for you Satnin." He guided my hands, teaching me every note, we played for a while until we fell asleep on the couch.

......................................................................................
Author's note: thank for reading! I hope you all are enjoying so far!