Chapter 16

I stood off camera and watched Elvis perform. He always seems so different when he performs, it's like he's a different person. He was smiling the whole time, which was nice to see. The war really took a lot out of him and the stage is where he is meant to be. Some of the girls in the crowd kept glaring at me, I know that a lot of his fans are upset he is getting married, It's just something that I'll have to deal with. When Elvis started singing Stuck on You, he looked over at me and winked. I smiled and watched him as the girls went nuts. When he was done Frank walked over to him and they joked around a bit, but started singing a duet, Frank sang Love Me Tender and Elvis sang Witchcraft, which happens to be my parents favorite Frank Sinatra song. In this moment I knew that this was my favorite side of Elvis, when he is singing and happy.
🎸Next Day🎸
When we got back to Graceland there was paparazzi surrounding the gates. My Dad and brothers were waiting outside the front door, they ran up to the car once we got in the gate. "Welcome back home son!" Daddy said giving Elvis a hug.
"Thank you sir! How's Graceland been treating you?" Elvis asked.
"It's been great Elvis, your house is huge and your yard is the perfect place to play football!" David said.
"I'm glad you like it sport, now if you'll excuse me I have to go make sure that Lily's bag gets taken in and that everything is in line for the wedding." Elvis said ruffling David's hair and kissing my cheek.
"Lily he is amazing! I'm so glad you rejected Larry!" David smiled and ran back off to playing football. I laughed and followed Elvis inside. He was already going upstairs, I quietly followed, once he got upstairs into his room, I wrapped my arms around him.
"Thank you." I said, he laughed and turned in my arms.
"For what baby?"
"For being so kind to my family, they love you and I really appreciate everything you have done for them and me." I smiled and played with the buttons on his shirt.
"It's no problem honey, they are your family, and any family of yours is family of mine. I will do anything for you and then." He grabbed my chin and kissed my nose.
"Thank you sugar, now let's go check out the wedding plans." I grabbed his hand and ran downstairs.
                             🎸Next Day🎸
    I woke up the next morning to see Elvis laying next to me sound asleep. "You know it's rude to stare honey." He smiled with his eyes still closed, I laughed.
"You know it's rude to pretend your sleeping and scare me like that." He laughed and pulled me close to him.
"You know honey, I really do love you."
"I love you too sugar" he kissed me and ran his hand down my back. Before he could get lower there was a knock at the door.
"Who is it?" Elvis asked, the door opened and revealed Mary and Abbie, they were in robes and their hair was in curlers.
"Good morning love birds!" Abbie exclaimed, they ran into the room and sat on my side of the bed.
"It's time to get up you two, especially you Elvis, it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding." Mary said. Elvis smiled and got up, he walked over to the dresser and pulled out a bag.
"Don't worry ladies I'm on my way," he walked over to me and kissed my forehead, "I'll see you later darling." I smiled and waved.
"Ok now get up and put on this robe and we are going to paint your nails, do your hair and makeup, then we will get your dress on once we get to the church." Abbie said handing me a bag with a robe and slippers.
"I'm going to get the other girls, be right back." Mary ran out of the room. I got up out of the bed and went to the bathroom, I pulled the robe out and took my pajamas off. The robe was white and on one of the sides in big pink cursive letters it said LP. When I came out of the bathroom Mary was back with a few other of our friends and my mom, they all were wearing robes too. They had a chair set up with nail polish surrounding it. I sat down in the chair and was immediately surrounded by the girls. Some of them started painting my nails, while Mary and my Mom started on my hair.
"I can't believe that I am in Elvis Presley's room right now, this is crazy." One of the girls, April, squealed.
"Calm down April, he is just a normal person." Mary said slapping her arm.
"Yeah ok, I just can't believe that Lily is marrying him, just a few years ago she had no idea who he was and now she is in his room about to marry him." April smiled.
"It is kind of crazy, I can't believe it either." I laughed, and looked around the room, still not believing that I'm about to marry Elvis.
"You guys are so cute together, I'm so excited to you too!" April squealed again, I laughed. The girls kept doing my hair and nails, once they were done, my Mom did my makeup. Once we were done we ate breakfast and had some champagne.
"Ok ladies, it's time to get going, Lily take this bag, it had all your stuff in in, I'll get your dress. Now come on the car is here for us." My mom said grabbing my dress. We all walked downstairs and outside to the car. There were fans waiting outside of the gate, once they saw me they screamed, I smiled and waved at them. I got into the car and watched out the window, some of the fans ran after the car. I laughed a little and waved, in this moment I felt refreshed, I am marrying the love of my life.

......................................................................................
                           🎸Author's Note🎸
Thank you so much for reading, I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I hope you enjoyed!