Chapter 14

🎸March 1960🎸
    I am upstairs packing because it is finally time for us to leave Germany and go back home. I am so excited but nervous eat the same time. Once we get back to America we are announcing our engagement to the world. I am terrified for people to know, I don't want his fans to be upset and I don't want the Colonel to be mad at Elvis. Elvis keeps telling me not to worry, that it doesn't matter what people think, but it keeps bothering me. I was pulled out of my thoughts by Elvis wrapping his arms around my waist. "Are you excited to go back home?" He asked kissing my cheek.
"Yeah but it's going to be different, you are going to be busy all the time. I got used to keeping you all to myself, now I have to share you again." He turned me around to face him.
"That's something I want to talk to you about. I know we had originally planned on you staying home to start planning the wedding, but I want you so come with me. I don't want to be away from you, I'll miss you too much." He smiled down at me.
"Sugar, I would love to, but we need to plan the wedding and I don't want to be in the way of your work." I said
"That's another thing I want to talk to you about, I was thinking we should get married right away, that way we can have plenty of time for the honeymoon."
"What do you mean get married right away? There is too much planning we have to get done. We need to find a place, get flowers, invite out families, get my dress, your tux, order the cake and food, find someone to officiate." He grabbed my shoulder as I rambled on.
"Wow, wow hold on, calm down! I know there is a lot to do, but I'll handle it. We can have the wedding at Graceland, I'll hire some people to decorate and get the food. One of daddy's friends is a pastor, I'm sure he would love to marry us. All you have to do is get a dress, I'll take care of the rest."
"When would the wedding be?" I asked
"When we get back to Graceland. That's in about a week from now. Ill talk to daddy and he will figure it out while I film the welcome home show with Frank Sinatra. You can go get a dress while we are in New Jersey, I'll fly your mamma down to have her help you." I looked at him, I can never seem to tell him no and I think he is starting to realize it.
"Fine, you are so lucky I love you soldier. Now come on let's get out of here." I smiled, he gave me a big kiss, grabbed my bags and led me downstairs. There was a car waiting outside. When we got to the airport there were fans were waiting to say goodbye to Elvis. They swarmed the car and surrounded us when we got out of the car, Elvis held me tight so I wouldn't get lost in the crowd. When we boarded he plane he waved goodbye one more time and entered the plane. We sat down next to each other, he put his arm around me Dodger and Vernon day across from us.
"So when are you two announcing the engagement?" Dodger asked, Elvis smiled and squeezed my shoulder.
"Well I was thinking that we announce that we are engaged in one of the interviews I have to do then when I film with Frank Sinatra we will say we are married because by then we will be married. I'll talk to Frank and see if I can bring you out at one point." He smiled over at me.
"Sounds good to me!" I cuddled up into his chest and slowly fell asleep as I listened to his heartbeat.
🎸Fort Dix🎸
We are finally back home in America, when we arrived there were thousands of fans waiting. Frank Sinatra's daughter, Nancy, was there to give Elvis a gift and greet us because Frank couldn't make it. We were led to a table with microphones, interviewers were gathered around the table. Elvis sat down, while I stayed back with the Colonel and Vernon. We watched Elvis as he joked with the press, he may be shy but he definitely loves the attention and clearly missed it. Every once in a while he would look over at me, one of the interviews noticed.
"Elvis is that the girl that you had the big kiss with before you left for Germany?" The man asked, Elvis laughed.
"Yes that's her, baby why don't you come over here." He got up and got me a chair, I walked over and stood next to him, he leaned over and whispered.
"Hide your ring and don't say anything about the engagement, I have a plan." I nodded my head and sat down.
"Miss if you don't mind, what is your name?" A man yelled.
"Lily White." I answered
"What was Germany like for you?" Another man yelled.
"Well it was cold the last couple of months, but other than that it was great." I smiled
"Well Elvis She sure is pretty, I can see why you ended up bringing her to Germany!" A different man yelled, I blushed.
"Well thank you!"
"Ok well baby, I see you got this covered, I'm just going to go over there." He laughed
"Sorry everyone, as you can tell Elvis is a little jealous I'm getting all of your attention." I joked, everyone laughed including Elvis. They went back to asking Elvis questions, I watched him. He seemed so happy to be back. Most of the questions were about him returning to music and movies, I got a few more questions as well.
"Alright everyone, only one more question for Elvis please!" Colonel yelled. A man in the corner that I couldn't see yelled,
"Mr. Presley do you plan on marrying Miss White?" He ran away after, I noticed that the man was Red, so this was Elvis' plan. Elvis smiled and squeezed my hand.
"Well actually, yes, I actually proposed on her birthday in December." We both smiled.
"Can we see the ring?" Someone yelled, Elvis took my hand and held it up showing the ring. Cameras flashed like crazy and the men all yelled. The Colonel told us to get up and security took us away.
"What the hell are you doing Elvis? You can't get married! Why didn't you talk to me about this first?" Colonel yelled. Elvis stepped in front of me and glared at the Colonel.
"Because I can do whatever I want! I'm marrying Lily and there's nothing you can do about it!" Elvis took my hand and stormed away. We went to the car and went straight to our hotel, Elvis was not happy with the Colonel. But he wasn't going to let the Colonel tell him what to do.
......................................................................................
Author's note: Thank you for reading!! I started a new book it's called Elvis' best friend. Please go check it out! Don't worry I will still be working on this one,I just wanted to write another story